Chapter 56

Since Ji Yuexian and Ji Yuanbao left that day, Lu Zhengan and they have never seen each other again.

At this time, an old lady who claimed to be a servant of the Ji family suddenly appeared, and Lu Zhengan couldn't help but feel a little suspicious.

However, looking at the clothes and accessories of Grandma in this picture, she looks more decent than an ordinary old lady from a landowner's family. Even if someone sincerely pretends to be a Ji family member to deceive him and Song Huaishu, the cost is a bit too high.

However, if the other party is really from the Ji family, then why are they still here late at night? Could it be that someone had eaten dried peaches of his own? There was a problem, and the other party came to investigate and accuse him?

However, as soon as this idea came up, Lu Zhengan gave it up immediately.

If there was really something wrong with his dried peaches, the Ji family would have probably come here long ago. Why would they wait until now? Moreover, looking at the respectful look on the other person's face, it doesn't look like he is here to accuse someone.

Thinking of this, Lu Zhengan felt relieved. However, it is necessary to be on guard against others. Regardless of whether the other person is a real Ji family member, Lu Zhengan cannot just casually follow a stranger late at night.

So, Lu Zheng'an hugged the somewhat nervous Song Huaishu, nodded to Aunt Zhang, and said in a very gentle tone: "This Aunt, it's late at night, and my brother Qi is very weak, so please help Aunt Zhang." Leave your address, and I will take Brother Qi to your house tomorrow morning. Let's pay a visit."

After saying that, Lu Zhengan held Song Huaishu in his arms and bowed slightly to Nanny Zhang in a junior salute. Immediately, under the surprised eyes of the other party, he led Song Huaishu and walked all the way up the mountain.

At this time, Mrs. Ji was still waiting in the inn when she heard footsteps coming from the door. Mrs. Ji immediately stopped playing the rosary beads in her hand, stood up and took a step toward the door.

However, after seeing Nanny Zhang returning alone, Mrs. Ji's face suddenly darkened and she asked in a cold voice: "Where is the person I asked you to bring?!"

Seeing that the old lady was angry, Nanny Zhang immediately bowed her head and replied, "The young master of the Lu family was worried that showing off his appearance late at night would disturb the old lady's rest, so she asked the slave to come back first and come to visit her again tomorrow morning."

Mrs. Ji had never seen anything before, so she couldn't tell whether Lu Zhengan was trying to prevaricate her. However, the truth that she has been searching for for so many years is already in front of her eyes. How can Mrs. Ji wait until tomorrow with peace of mind?

Old Mrs. Ji stood under the light, and the rosary originally hanging on her wrist began to fiddle with it involuntarily. The atmosphere in the room became unusually quiet as the old lady fell silent. The servants serving around her did not dare to speak out, for fear of disturbing the old lady and incurring punishment.

I don't know how much time passed, but Mrs. Ji suddenly pinched the bead in her hand, raised her eyes to the hunched-over Nanny Zhang in front of her, and said in a deep voice: "Get the car ready, I'll go there myself."

After the old lady said this, she walked out. However, before she could go out, she saw Ji Yuexian walking in.

"It's so late, why hasn't Xian'er rested yet?"

Ji Yuexian saluted the old lady and said warmly: "I just passed by my grandmother's yard. When I saw the lights were still on, I came over to take a look."