Chapter 107

Ten days after Ji Yuexian and Ji Yueqiao left, the imperial envoy sent by the imperial court finally arrived at Hualong Town, which was the most severely affected area.

Accompanied by the county magistrate and others, the imperial envoy inspected the conditions in the fields. Looking at the dead wheat fields and the cracked ground, his mood hit rock bottom.

Just when the imperial envoy put down the car curtain and was about to return to the county government office to truthfully report the situation in Linzhou City, he suddenly saw towering green mountains in the distance, which were very different from what he had seen before.

The imperial envoy stood at the carriage shaft and watched for a long time. He pointed in the direction of Hualong Mountain and asked the county magistrate beside him: "Which mountain is that village? It looks like the situation is not bad."

Hearing this, the county magistrate immediately bowed and replied: "My lord, that place is the Lujia Village. There are several wells in the Lujia Village fields that can be used by the people to water the sky, so it is better than others. The local situation is much better."

"It sounds like the head of their village is a far-sighted person and someone who can be used. Mr. Lin, please call the head of Lujia Village over this afternoon. I have something to ask him."

Upon hearing the imperial envoy's instructions, County Magistrate Lin immediately responded. After watching the imperial envoy turn around and enter the carriage, County Magistrate Lin immediately summoned Capt. Tu next to him and asked him to quickly invite Lu Changgen to the county government office.

The imperial envoy personally named the people he wanted to see, and Capt. Tu didn't dare to neglect. After the imperial envoy's car drove in the direction of Hualong Town, Tu Captou immediately took the people to Lujia Village.

But when Captain Tu found Lu Changgen's house, Lu Changgen was on Hualong Mountain, checking the situation of this year's orchard with Lu Zhengan.

Since the market for dried fruits was very good last year, the two of them planned to buy some fresh peaches from the surrounding area after all the fruits in their own orchard have grown. At that time, if Ma Yuntao can't eat so much, they can sell it elsewhere.

"The weather is bad this year. You have spent a lot of money just to dig a well. I guess you don't have much savings left, right? If you can use it, tell me where the money is. If it's more, it's more than a dozen You can still get twenty taels."

Lu Zhengan heard Lu Changgen's words and responded with a smile. "I know, why should I be so polite to you?"

Although the four wells cost eighty or ninety taels of silver, the villagers paid half of it, and Lu Zhengan actually didn't spend much. In addition, he and Song Huaishu were subsidized by the two elders of the Song family on weekdays, and he still had a lot of savings on hand.

"However, if we expand the scale this year, our pots and stoves will be somewhat insufficient. It is difficult to buy large pots in our town. The pots we use now are those that Grandma Jiang bought from the butcher. We want to buy them, but we are afraid of having to pay for them?" Ask elsewhere."

"These are not big problems. There is still some time before the fruit leaves the tree, and even the customization time is enough. Your family, Niu Niu, is inseparable from you, Huai Shu, it is really hard to take care of it by yourself. This matter Son, just leave it alone, I'll just figure it out."

With that said, the two came out of the orchard. Lu Changgen hugged Lu Xingyi and coaxed him for a while. He was about to go back home when he saw Lu Qingshan leading Tu Baotou up the mountain.