Chapter 22

There are many early-ripening peaches in the orchard. Lu Zhengan and others picked nearly a flatbed truckload of peaches in just one afternoon.

Since they are to be sold in bulk, containers for holding peaches are naturally indispensable. Fortunately, Lu Tiezhu and others knew some simple weaving, so Lu Zhengan offered two cents for each basket and asked several people to weave thirty or forty baskets overnight.

Because he didn't know the price of peaches, Lu Zhengan could only inquire about the price before selling them. However, it is really inconvenient for one person to push a cart of fruit.

It happened that the village chief's aunt was going to the town to go to the market, so Lu Zhengan simply went with her. You can ask the Lu family's aunt to look at the car, and Lu Zheng'an is free to inquire about the price.

Aunt Lu's family has always taken good care of Lu Zheng'an. When she heard that Lu Zheng'an needed her help and it was not a troublesome matter, she naturally wouldn't shirk it.

After the two of them pushed a cart of peaches onto the street, Lu Zhengan asked Aunt Lu to help look after the cart, and then he went to the morning market to inquire about the price.

Because it was the busy farming season, there were not many people buying or selling things at the market. Lu Zhengan walked around and only saw a small stall buying peaches on the corner of the street.

Lu Zheng'an walked up and asked about the price. When he heard that the stall owner quoted eight cents per catty, Lu Zheng'an immediately put down the peaches in his hand and turned around and left.

If a catty of peaches costs eight cents, then his cart should contain nearly two hundred catties. Even if he can bargain to five cents a catty, he can still sell a cart of peaches for nearly one tael of silver. Even if you exclude the cost and labor, nearly two hundred kilograms of peaches cost only five or six yuan, which is still very profitable!

Lu Zhengan, who silently settled the accounts in his mind, couldn't help but feel happy, and his steps became even more brisk.

After finding the Lu family's aunt, Lu Zheng'an told her and started walking through the streets while pushing the trolley.

Lu Zheng'an was a man of two generations, and this was his first time doing this kind of work of pushing a cart and selling food along the street. Looking at the vendors hawking without any pressure, Lu Zhengan struggled for a long time before he could shout. But after all, it was a bit embarrassing, and the hawking voice was not loud, but at least it was a first step.

Fortunately, at this time of year, summer fruits have not yet matured in large quantities, so Lu Zheng'an's not-so-loud hawking voice really attracted three or four customers. Because the price was slightly high, several customers who asked about the price were hesitant.

Lu Zheng'an felt relieved when he saw this, and said with a smile: "Well, if you guests can buy ten catties together, I will give you a penny cheaper per catty. Although these peaches are all grown at home, from flowering to fruiting, I It also took a lot of effort to bring down the town. Moreover, I also gave each person a basket for free. I must have earned some hard money from these guests. To be honest with you, I asked someone to make this basket. You charge me three cents as wages."

As Lu Zheng'an said this, he took out the small dagger he had prepared long ago and cut a peach into four pieces and distributed them one by one to the onlookers.

"It doesn't matter whether you want to buy it or not. You can try it first. If it's not sweet, just don't buy it."

Everyone has never seen people selling things like this, letting others eat before the business is even opened. However, if there is an advantage, take advantage of it.