Chapter 15

When Lu Zheng'an came to the village chief's house, the village chief happened to be away. Only the village chief's daughter-in-law, Lu Yangshi, was taking her daughter to have sex at home. Seeing Lu Zhengan come to the door, he quickly put down the bowl of paste in his hand and asked Lu Zhengan to come in and sit down.

"No, aunt. I came here to borrow a bundle of fine hemp rope from your family. We don't have enough rope for the fence."

Mrs. Lu Yang is a warm-hearted person, and she has always pitied Lu Zheng'an for having no relatives, so she has always taken good care of him. After hearing that he wanted to borrow some of his own twine, he quickly wiped his hands with his apron and took a bundle of twine from the utility room and handed it to him.

"Thank you, auntie. I will buy it from the town in a few days and then return it to you."

Mrs. Lu Yang: "Hey, you kid, why are you so polite? If you don't want to return anything, you can just use it."

Lu Zheng'an borrowed the twine and chatted with Lu Yang for a few more words. Just when he was about to say goodbye and go home, Lu Yang seemed to have remembered something again and hurriedly told his daughter Lu Yingchun, "Yingchun, go to the kitchen and get some." I'll bring the toon I pickled earlier to Brother Zheng'an and let him eat it as steamed buns."

Lu Zheng'an was just here to borrow something, so there was no way he would have the nerve to ask for anything belonging to Lu Yang. It's just that Xiao Yingchun moved very neatly and ran into the kitchen before he could say his refusal.

After Yingchun entered the house, Lu Yang turned to look at Lu Zhengan. "There have been some bad rumors in the village these days. Have you heard about them?"

Lu Zheng'an knew that Aunt Lu was reminding him specifically, so he immediately nodded to show that he already knew.

"When I entered the village just now, my fourth uncle had already asked me. Sister-in-law Zhou's son happened to be playing nearby, so I asked him to explain clearly what happened that day in front of the elderly in the village."

Hearing what Lu Zheng'an said, Lu Yang felt relieved.

"Most of the people in our village are sensible. Once the matter is settled, it will be fine." At this point, Lu Yang hesitated and asked again, "Then have you ever sinned against anyone?"

After Lu Yang finished speaking, she quickly apologized and continued: "Auntie, I know that you have always been honest and steady, and you never have any grudges with others. However, that person deliberately brought you together with Shuan Bao's mother, and he obviously has deep feelings for you or Shuan Bao. Mother is filled with resentment, otherwise it would be difficult for ordinary people to do such immoral things."

Lu Zheng'an frowned and thought for a moment after hearing this, "I also think someone must be deliberately causing trouble behind the scenes, but I can't say much without evidence."

"That's true. In short, you should pay more attention when you are alone on the mountain. When your uncle is free, let him visit your place more often." Lu Yang nodded and said.

While talking, Lu Yingchun ran out with a bowl full of toon. Seeing that Lu Zheng'an hadn't left yet, the little girl ran to Lu Zheng'an holding a bowl and handed it to him.

"Thank you, Xiao Yingchun. Brother will bring you some snacks in a few days."

When Lu Yingchun heard this, she immediately nodded happily. The pigtails on her head swayed with her movements, looking very playful and cute.

Mrs. Lu Yang looked at her daughter dotingly: "Don't spoil this girl anymore. She was complaining about toothache two days ago. It will probably hurt even more if she eats snacks."