Chapter 45

Half a month later, the Lu family courtyard was completely completed.

After sweeping away the sand and gravel in the yard, Lu Zhengan stood at the door and looked at the small courtyard with white walls and gray tiles, full of Jiangnan style, and nodded with satisfaction.

In order to celebrate the completion of the house renovation, Lu Zheng'an specially ordered two high-quality banquets from the town and bought several jars of fine wine to reward everyone who had worked hard for half a month. At the same time, he also invited two elders of the Song family, as well as Lu Changgen and his wife to accompany him.

After the celebratory firecrackers, Lu Zhengan bowed his hands to everyone, and then invited everyone to come into the courtyard and take a seat. After everyone was seated, Lu Zhengan held up the wine jar and filled everyone's glasses.

"I have seen the hard work of several brothers and elders in the past half month and kept it in my heart. I will not be vain, nor will I say anything nice. So I am prepared." At these two tables, we are all open today to eat and drink, and try not to get drunk or come home."

Saying that?, Lu Zhengan drank all the wine in his glass in one gulp. He poured the wine cup into his hands and said to the crowd, "I've finished this glass of wine, you can do whatever you want."

The drinks Lu Zhengan bought this time were the best Shao Knife. After drinking a glass of wine, my throat and stomach felt like they were on fire.

He covered his mouth and coughed? He was about to drink some water to suppress it. As soon as he stretched out his hand, a glass of slightly warm water was handed to him.

"Hurry up and drink some water to wash it down. You drink so quickly that your eyes are red?"

Lu Zhengan raised his head and glanced at Song Huaishu, who had a concerned look on his side, took the water glass and smiled at him. "It's okay, I just drank a little too much?"

At this time, the atmosphere in the yard has become lively. Even if someone found two people like this, no one would care.

Because the contract between Lu Zhengan and Song Huaishu was about to be concluded, and there were some brothers who were of the same generation as him in the courtyard, they all broke up and started making trouble after three rounds of drinking. Fortunately, several people were sensible. Apart from catching Lu Zhengan and drinking wine, they did not 'bully' Song Huaishu together.

Even so, Song Huaishu couldn't help but feel a little distressed when he saw Lu Zhengan being tortured like this by several people. He deliberately wanted to go up to rescue the siege, but was stopped by Aunt Chang Gen on the side.

Song Lan was also a little puzzled. When she saw Lu Yang stopping Song Huaishu, she put down the chopsticks in her hand and looked up at her.

Seeing this, Mrs. Lu Yang knew that she might have become a 'villain'. She smiled bitterly and explained to the two of them: "Zheng'an has been working hard these years, that is, after I made the agreement with your family this year, He's just starting to become a little popular. These brothers have never been like this, so let's let them be wild for a while."

Regarding Lu Zheng'an's past, Song Lan and Song Huaishu didn't know much about it. All I know is that Lu Zheng'an's parents died and he grew up with his grandfather. Now that I heard what Lu Yang said, I understood that there might be some allusion to it.

Looking at the expressions of the two people, Lu Yang understood that his control might be a little too lenient. After all, if we talk about it, the two of them have the closest relationship with Lu Zhengan. What I just said is true and a bit over the line.