Chapter 17

On the way home with Mrs. Song and her son, none of the three mentioned what happened in the small courtyard just now. They just talked about some trivial things that happened in recent days.

As for how the village will deal with Mrs. Ge and Wang Xiumei, and how Widow Zhou will settle things with them, that is not his concern.

However, although Lu Zheng'an was not involved in what happened next, given Widow Zhou's character, if she caught Wang Xiumei and Mrs. Ge this time, she would definitely not let go without losing some meat.

It's just that these have nothing to do with Lu Zhengan. His original intention is to find out the people behind him who spread rumors about him. By the way, I would like to sound a warning to some people in the village who are confused and tell them that they are not so easy to mess with.

Along the way, Song Lan had been quietly observing Lu Zhengan, and saw that he was courteous and courteous in his dealings with others, had a strong body, and had good looks. Apart from the early death of his parents, he is a good candidate to be a son-in-law no matter how you look at it.

After seeing what happened today, Song Lan's favorable impression of Lu Zheng'an dropped slightly. However, seeing Lu Zhengan's decisiveness and straightforwardness in handling the matter, Song Lan began to hesitate again.

Lu Zhengan didn't know what Song Lan was thinking, but he was an adult after all. Although life on the mountain was very fulfilling, after living alone for a long time, sometimes he would inevitably want to find someone to chat with.

It happened that he had a good impression of Song Huaishu, and the two of them chatted quite well. Now that the other party came to visit him again, Lu Zhengan was naturally happy.

After pushing open the courtyard door, Lu Zhengan waited for Song Huaishu to send the mule cart away and quickly greeted the two of them into the house to rest while he went to the kitchen to fetch water to wash his hands.

Song Lan in the main room was also startled by the large bookshelf in the room, but then she calmed down when she thought that Lu Zheng'an's grandfather was the famous Lu Chuan.

Previously, Song Xiren praised Lu Zhengan for being so good, but Song Lan thought he was exaggerating. I had the chance to meet him today, and I felt in my heart that this boy from the Lu family was really good.

Although there is no one else in the family and he is a grown man, it is normal for his life to be rough.

However, on the contrary, the Lu family's small courtyard is extremely clean and beautiful, especially the large bush of roses on the courtyard wall. Each flower is about the size of a bowl, even if you are sitting in the house. You can also smell the fragrance of rose flowers. Not to mention that he is just a farmer in the countryside, even a small wealthy family in the town may not be able to deal with it as neatly as he can.

Flowers and plants are the most delicate and may wither if not taken care of. But if Lu Zheng'an could raise that rose so well, he must be a considerate person.

Huai Shu has always been sensitive and inferior because of his health. Being able to have such a good relationship with Lu Zheng'an means that Huai Shu has a good impression of him. On the other hand, it is enough to show that this person has a very good temperament, allowing his son to interact with him without fear.

Thinking of this, Song Lan's original dissatisfaction with Lu Zheng'an because of what happened in the morning faded a bit. He gently stood up from the stool and wanted to go to the yard to see what other flowers were planted on the wall of his house.