Chapter 41

Because Master Cao was coming to visit the house the next day, when Song Huaishu and Lu Zhengan came back from Lingnan Road, they happened to pass by Hualong Town. The two simply turned around and bought some drinks, meat and vegetables on the street. After going to the courtyard of the Song family to say hello to the Song couple, Song Huaishu followed Lu Zhengan back to Hualong Mountain.

The cucumbers in the vegetable garden have been harvested. Lu Zhengan greeted Song Huaishu and took the basket. After the two of them picked all the few cucumbers on the cucumber rack, they pulled out the firewood.

After eating cucumbers all summer, Lu Zhengan no longer wants to see cucumbers anymore. Seeing that the garden has been closed? There are nearly a basketful of cucumbers picked on the cucumber vine. His whole face was almost turning green. If he were allowed to eat again, he would really be unable to eat any more.

"How about giving some away?"

Song Huaishu was sitting on a small bench, picking out good-shaped cucumbers from the basket. When he looked up and saw Lu Zhengan's queasy look on his face, he couldn't help but want to laugh.

"Every household now has no shortage of vegetables. We have eaten these cucumbers all summer. Who can still ask for them? Don't pick any. I will carry them to the river to wash them. Let's keep the pickles. Wait until autumn and winter. When it's sunny, steamed buns are also a popular dish."

With that said, Lu Zhengan knelt down and put the few cucumbers picked out by Song Huaishu back into the basket. Song Huaishu and Song Huaishu carried one side and walked to the stream together.

Because it had rained a few days ago, the stream on the mountain swelled. The water depth that originally only reached Lu Zhengan's calves has now reached over his knees.

There are many rocks beside the stream on the mountain. Because the stream is clear, it does not seem to be very deep. However, when Song Huaishu accidentally slipped from the stone, he discovered that the water seemed to be only a palm deep. It was almost over the calf. Moreover, the streams on the mountain are all mountain spring water flowing out of the mountain. The water quality is clear but also cold.

Unprepared, Song Huaishu fell into the water and trembled because of the ice.

Lu Zheng'an saw that Song Huaishu's foot was empty, and hurriedly threw the basket aside. He grabbed Song Huaishu's shoulders with his big hands and lifted him up from the water. After Song Huaishu stood firm, he hurriedly pulled up his pants to see if he was injured.

Song Huaishu was startled by Lu Zhengan's movements, and subconsciously took a step back. "I-I'm fine? I just missed the point."

Lu Zhengan didn't care about Secretary Song Huai's dodge. Instead, he hunched over and looked up at him worriedly.

"There are a lot of rocks in the stream. Check to see if your legs are scratched. If it's okay, go to the shore and rest first. I can just wash the cucumbers myself."

Although the two of them had kissed and hugged each other, they had only touched each other and had never had any deep contact.

Because Song Huaishu's body was different from that of ordinary people, he never had too much physical contact with others. Even now, he and Lu Zheng'an have made up their minds and are about to form a contract, but Lu Zheng'an's behavior makes Song Huai Shu, who is unprepared, still feel some resistance and fear.

Seeing Lu Zheng'an's indifferent expression, Song Huaishu felt very uncomfortable. The hanging right hand unclenched and clasped again, and after a long silence, he said "I'm sorry" to Lu Zheng'an.