Chapter 72

The heavy snow stopped, and it lasted for seven days before it completely cleared up.

At this time, the sky and fields were covered with a blanket of white. Standing at the door and looking into the distance, I felt as if I was in a painting.

On the third day after it cleared up, Lu Zhengan, who had nothing to do, cleared the snow in the yard so that Song Huaishu could move around more easily. However, the snow on the field at the door was nearly calf-deep, making it really difficult to travel.

Although it had been snowing for such a long time, Lu Zhengan and Song Huaishu did not feel bored at home. I clean the house every day, sit around the charcoal stove, roast sweet potatoes and peanuts, flip through the books that the old man left behind, and name the unborn child. These seven days pass by without me noticing. .

By the time the sun peeked out from the clouds, the two of them had already listed many names on the paper.

Since they didn't know the gender of the child, they each found some. The two of them were just picky, but they both thought they were good, and they couldn't choose one after they hesitated for several days.

As soon as the heavy snow stopped, Lu Changgen and Lu Yang went up the mountain carrying a basket of eggs. Seeing Song Huaishu who looked quite good, both of them felt relieved.

"Uncle Changgen, Auntie Changgen, is there a lot of snow on the mountain road? Is it difficult to walk?"

"The snow is falling and melting at the same time. The snow on the road is not that thick. I just miss Huai Shu a little, fearing that he won't be able to adapt."

Lu Zheng'an brought a basket of eggs brought by Mrs. Lu Yang and quickly called the two of them into the house to warm up.

Song Huaishu waited for Lu Changgen and Lu Yang to sit down, and quickly poured a glass of water for the two of them and handed them over. He asked with a smile: "Why don't you bring Yingchun here?"

Lu Yang quickly took the water and quickly pulled the stool beside her to let Song Huaishu sit down and talk.

"The snow has just stopped. What's going on on the road? I don't know what's going on. That girl, Maomao, is so dumbfounded that I dare not bring her out. How are you doing these days? Are you short of food at home?"

Hearing this, Lu Zheng'an across from us smiled and said, "We were short of eggs originally. As soon as you and Uncle Chang Gen come, we will be short of nothing."

After everyone laughed, Lu Changgen bent down and moved the roasted sweet potatoes aside on the charcoal stove. He looked up at Lu Zheng'an and Song Huaishu and asked, "It's the eighth day of the twelfth lunar month soon. It's time to prepare New Year's goods. It's inconvenient for you two to go down the mountain. If you need anything, tell us and I'll bring it back to you then." "

Hearing what Lu Changgen said, Lu Zhengan calculated the date and it turned out to be the fifth day of the twelfth lunar month, less than a month before the Chinese New Year.

This is Lu Zheng'an's first Spring Festival here, and he couldn't help feeling a little emotional for a while.

"No need to trouble you. Once it snows, it will probably clear up for a few days. The road will be better by then. Huaishu and I will go to the town to buy some things."

Hearing this, Lu Changgen nodded and said nothing more. After all, Song Huaishu's natal family was from the town. The old couple of the Song family took good care of them on weekdays, and they would not be left behind as the New Year was approaching.