Chapter 73

As the saying goes, after Laba Festival, it is the New Year.

After the Laba Festival, more and more people came down the mountain to go to the market. Lu Zheng'an, who had nothing to do, also took Song Huaishu to the town to do some New Year shopping.

However, the street was very lively with people coming and going. Lu Zhengan was worried that there would be too many people on the street and would crowd Song Huaishu. He was worried and worried along the way, fearing that some accident would happen.

And Song Huaishu hadn't walked around in front of so many people for a long time. In addition, he was pregnant now and was already a little pregnant. He was always worried about what others would see.

Just following Lu Zheng'an from the street to the end of the street, Song Huaishu couldn't stand it anymore. Seeing this, Lu Zhengan had to send him back to the Song family courtyard first.

The New Year celebrations here are no better than in modern times. You can almost buy all the New Year's goods at home without having to go out. Fortunately, the Lu family doesn't have many relatives around, so they don't have to buy as many gifts as other families do.

As the new year is approaching, business in the Song family's grocery store is booming, and Song Xiren is so busy that he can barely touch the floor. In previous years, with the help of Song Huaishu, the two of them could still keep busy.

But this year, Song Huaishu and Lu Zheng'an formed a contract, and the purchase of new year's goods for the family fell entirely on Song Lan's shoulders.

Song Lan's body was not particularly strong. Lu Zhengan was worried that she would be too tired by herself, so he simply bought things and made preparations together with the two families. When the food for the new year is packed, they will take it home.

But? As a result, Lu Zhengan would have to run to town with Song Huaishu every day. Although it hasn't rained or snowed recently, it is always inconvenient to go up and down the mountain.

After Lu Zhengan thought about it, he discussed with Song Huaishu and asked him to stay at the Song family for a few days. Wait until the New Year's goods are almost ready, then pick him up and go back with you.

Because they take care of Song Huaishu, the Song family doesn't care about customs when buying things this year. On the evening of the 20th of the twelfth lunar month, Lu Zheng'an and Song Lan served the dough early and waited until early tomorrow morning to start kneading the dough and steaming the steamed buns.

Although the two families have a total of four people, Song Lan's noodles are always served, and they only stop after eating four large pots.

Lu Zheng'an was worried that he would have to rush from Lujiacun to the Song family in time, so he didn't go back that night and just stayed at the Song family.

When Chou Shimo heard some movement outside, Lu Zhengan immediately stood up. When she opened the door, she saw that Song Lan had indeed gotten up.

Seeing Lu Zhengan come out of the room, Song Lan said softly: "It's still early, why don't you sleep a little longer?"

Lu Zhengan was worried about waking Song Huaishu, so he carefully closed the door, and then followed Song Lan to the door.

"I don't work every day now. I'm not that tired. It's enough to sleep for a while. I have to make so many buns today. If I get up late, I might end up making them in the afternoon."

After that, the two of them came to the kitchen together. Lu Zhengan scooped up water and washed up, then opened the basin wrapped in a towel. I poked it with my hand and saw that the noodles in the basin had already formed a honeycomb shape, so I brought it to the chopping board.