Chapter 131

Returning to Hualong Mountain after a long absence, Song Huaishu only felt strange and familiar at the same time.

Especially when I look at the roses with still green leaves in the yard and the piles of firewood sheds, I feel warm in my heart.

Lu Zheng'an used a broom to sweep away the newly fallen leaves at the door. When he saw Lu Xingyi rushing out with a shovel, he hurriedly lifted her back by her collar.

Lu Xingyi wanted to build a snowman at the door while the adults weren't paying attention, but he didn't expect to be caught by his father. Looking up at his father, Lu Xingyi chuckled.

"It's such a cold weather, why are you running outside? Tomorrow the village will kill the New Year pig. If you catch the cold, you won't be able to go."

Lu Xingyi immediately calmed down after hearing his father say that the New Year pig would be killed in the village tomorrow. He put the shovel hidden in his hand back under the eaves, and then jumped into the main room. Seeing Song Huaishu coming out of the kitchen carrying a basin of water, Lu Zhengan sighed helplessly.

"This girl in our family is really naughty. I guess she will have even more headaches if she grows up."

"Children are so playful. It would be better if they were older. Where are you? Did you get into trouble again?"

"No? Yes, I wanted to go out to play and I found her. Tell her that the New Year pig will be killed in the village tomorrow. She is doing something in the house at the moment. But the child is quiet. She must be acting like a monster. You still Don't do anything else, just go into the house and look at her."

Hearing Lu Zhengan's words, Song Huaishu couldn't help laughing. He poured the water in the basin outside the door and then walked to the main room.

After Lu Zhengan swept the pile of fallen leaves out of the yard, washed his hands and returned to the main room, Song Huaishu hugged Lu Xingyi and lay on the lounge chair, already asleep.

Seeing the peaceful sleeping faces of his father and daughter, Lu Zhengan took a blanket from the house and gently covered the two of them, then he walked out of the room quietly.

The snow-fallen Hualong Mountain is exceptionally quiet. Apart from the whistling wind and the occasional chirping of birds, there is no other sound to be heard. Lu Zheng'an stood on the field in front of the door, quietly looking at the endless peach grove on the slope, recalling the fruitful scene in summer, and the corners of his mouth curled up unconsciously.

I don't know how long it took, but when Lu Zhengan was about to go home and wake up Song Huaishu and Lu Xingyi, he saw Li Erwang suddenly walking over.

"When did Erwang come back? How is the work in Linzhou going?" Lu Zheng'an asked with a smile.

Li Erwang raised his head and glanced at Lu Zhengan's expression, then lowered his head again. "Shen Ji's boss has assigned a lot of manpower to the master. It is estimated that it will be completed in February or March."

Hearing this, Lu Zhengan nodded and was about to ask about Master Cao's situation. Then I saw Li Erwang lowering his head and kicking the mud on the ground with his toes. He seemed to have something in his heart and didn't know how to change his words.

Looking at his appearance, Lu Zhengan could roughly guess something. However, it was difficult for him to mention such things, so he waited for Li Erwang to speak first.

After a while, just when Lu Zheng'an had exhausted his patience and wanted to go home, Li Erwang seemed to have finally mustered up the courage, looked up at Lu Zheng'an, and stammered: "Xiao, Xiao An, I have something to do. Want to ask for your help?"