Chapter 50

The sixth day of the ninth lunar month is suitable for offering sacrifices, praying for blessings, seeking heirs, receiving gifts, wearing hairpins, tailoring clothes, and getting married.

Lu Zheng'an, who had not slept a wink all night, waited until dawn had just dawned on the horizon before he got up from the bed and took care of the little ones at home in advance. As soon as we opened the door, several cousins from the Lu family, as well as fellow villagers, had already arrived at the door to meet each other.

Lu Tieshuan and Lu Tiezhu, who helped carry the bamboo, both changed into long robes, but because they were quite big, they had to work in the fields all year round. His face was tanned, and he looked a little out of place in a lake-blue gown.

Everyone was joking from the village to Lu Zhengan's house, and both of them were used to it. Let them talk and laugh, they swung their sleeves and walked straight to the bamboo erected on the courtyard wall.

At this time, the colorful balls on the bamboo had been hung up. Lu Tieshuan shook his head and felt relieved when he saw that the hanging was extremely secure.

"It's almost time. What time should we set off to the Song family?"

"The ringer team hasn't arrived yet. After they arrive, we'll set off at the beginning of the morning and come back at two o'clock."

As early as yesterday, everyone had already gone through the route. We roughly knew how to walk and get to the town, which was not too far away. We had plenty of time and no one was in a hurry. They sat around and laughed non-stop.

Although Lu Zheng'an knew it was still early, thinking that he would be able to bring Song Huaishu in today, he felt indescribable urgency in his heart. From time to time I look at the rising sun in the east, and I always feel that today's time passes extremely slowly.

At the end of the year, Jiang Matchmaker and other official media came dressed up and led the ring team.

Lu Zhengan looked very handsome in his blue wedding dress, and several people gathered around him and kept praising him.

How could Lu Zheng'an withstand these matchmakers? When he was being praised so much that he was sweating, Li Erwang on the side shouted like a savior: "It's almost time."

Hearing the sound, the matchmakers remembered that they still had a lot of things to do, and immediately dispersed from Lu Zhengan and started to work.

Seeing this, Lu Zheng'an picked up the wrinkled hem of his clothes and couldn't help but sigh. Just when Lu Zheng'an was about to greet everyone who was going to pick up the bride and prepare to set off, Mrs. Lu Yang entered the courtyard panting.

Looking at Lu Zheng'an who was already dressed, Lu Yang was obviously relieved.

"What's happening, aunt? Are you here?"

When Lu Yang heard what Lu Zheng'an said, she looked apologetic, "I couldn't come over yesterday to help you, so I feel very regretful. Today is your official day, how could I not come over? Look. Look. Fortunately, I finally caught up."

Lu Zheng'an knew that it was extremely difficult for Lu Changgen and Lu Yang to be caught between his and Lu Zhengping's families, so Lu Zheng'an did not force it from the beginning. At this time, could Mr. Lu Yang come over? Lu Zheng'an could only feel grateful.

"Is it time to set off?" Lu Yang stretched out his hand to help Lu Zheng'an straighten his hair.

"Well, Chen is leaving right away."

Hearing this, Mrs. Lu Yang nodded. Seeing Matchmaker He coming out with tied red flowers, she said, "Your grandfather entrusted you to our couple before he passed away. Now it's you." On your special day, I will ask you to be your elder. I will help you with this gift."