Chapter 26

Ever since Lu Zhengan proposed to let Song Huaishu spend the night at his home, Song Huaishu started to become a little nervous visibly.

Lu Zhengan knew that with Song Huaishu's temperament, he must not be used to spending the night at other people's homes. However, with lightning and thunder now accompanied by violent storms, it is definitely not safe to go down the mountain in this weather. Even if Song Huaishu insisted on leaving, Lu Zhengan would not agree.

Song Huaishu also knew that it was very dangerous to go down the mountain in such weather, so he did not dare to persist. But when the rain subsided a little, the sky outside was already getting a little dark.

"The weather is very gloomy, and there are many vacant rooms in my house. You can stay at my house for the night and go back early tomorrow morning. My uncle and aunt should also understand. Otherwise, I won't worry about you going back alone. I will call you back and forth to see you off." We might encounter something different."

Lu Zheng'an was afraid that Song Huaishu would be bored. Seeing that it would be dark for a while, he found two raincoats from the warehouse and took him to the orchard to check the situation.

It was still dark at this time, and the two of them were in the orchard checking whether there was water on the ground and picking up peaches that had been blown down by the wind. After the two of them walked around in the forest with their backpacks on their backs, it was already dark when they came out.

Song Huaishu had never engaged in such heavy physical labor. Taozi walked out of the forest with a small basket on his back. He had already forgotten the tension of spending the night at Lu Zheng'an's house. His hunger and exhaustion all wanted to make him happy. Find a place to take a rest.

Lu Zheng'an looked at Song Huaishu who was clenching his teeth and insisting secretly and couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Sure enough, the best way to relieve emotional tension is to work your muscles and bones until you are so tired that you can't think of anything.

However, after all, the other party is here to visit, so it is not good? It is too bullying. Knowing that Song Huaishu was really difficult to memorize, Lu Zhengan took the opportunity of walking behind Song Huaishu to quietly move a lot of the peaches in the basket on his back.

By the time the two of them washed the mud off their feet, the sky had already darkened. At this time, the light rain continued to fall. Lu Zheng'an helped Song Huaishu unload the backpacks and asked him to sit down and rest first. After he moved the two backpacks to the door of the hall, he hung their wet raincoats under the eaves of the warehouse.

Coming out of the house and lighting the oil lamp, Lu Zhengan looked at Song Huaishu, who had a completely blank look in his eyes. He smiled and went to the vegetable garden behind with an oil-paper umbrella. He pulled out a handful of green onions and gave them to Song Huaishu, asking him to wash them.

Lu Zheng'an: "You must be hungry after working with me for so long. I have nothing to do tonight. I'll make you two of my best scallion pancakes."

Song Huaishu ate a small bowl of noodles at noon, and his stomach was already empty after a busy day. Hearing what Lu Zhengan said, it was different. He was polite and nodded immediately.

Although Song Huaishu is one year older than Lu Zhengan, he has an immature appearance. If he didn't ask about his age, others would just think he was a teenager of sixteen or seventeen years old.

Seeing Song Huaishu sitting on the small bamboo chair and nodding obediently, Lu Zhengan felt that he looked like a soft little kitten, which made people want to reach out and rub his head.