Chapter 95

After traveling for a day and night, Lu Zheng'an and Lu Changgen finally returned to Hualong Town when it was getting dark. After exchanging the money into banknotes at the bank, the two of them heaved a sigh of relief.

"With so many coppers stuffed in the basket, I haven't let go. I've been here before, and I wish I could sleep with my eyes open."

Hearing this, Lu Zhengan couldn't help laughing. "You have to run with me a few times. Once you get used to it, you don't need to be afraid. The main reason is that it was too late when we left Linzhou this time. Otherwise, we can exchange it for a banknote and bring it back. This will give us peace of mind. Some."

"No, I won't worry about leaving a big bag of copper coins anywhere."

The two of them were talking as they drove the mule cart home. By the time we reached the foot of Hualong Mountain, the sky had turned completely dark.

Lu Changgen leaned over and got out of the car. He originally wanted to go home after taking his own baggage and the snacks he bought for Lu Yingchun. However, as soon as he got out of the car and before he even took a step, he was stopped by Lu Zhengan.

Lu Zhengan took out a banknote and stuffed it into his hand. He smiled and said to Lu Changgen, "Uncle Changgen and I have worked hard for this trip. You can take the money."

Although it was dark and he couldn't see the denomination of the banknotes, he knew that Lu Zhengan had exchanged five banknotes of ten taels in denomination at the bank. Now Lu Zheng'an handed him one without saying anything, which really surprised and shocked Lu Changgen.

"Here, why are you giving me so much?" As he said that, Lu Changgen was about to put the banknote into Lu Zhengan's hand again.

"Didn't we agree before? I will give you 20% of the profit every time. Don't be polite to me. If you don't want it, then I won't bother you anymore next time."

Lu Changgen knew Lu Zhengan's temperament and knew that if he could say it, he could do it. After hesitating for a moment, he just collected the banknote. "Sure, then I'll accept it."

Lu Zheng'an was thinking about his home right in front of him. When he saw Lu Changgen had collected the banknote, he stopped chatting with him and drove the mule cart up the mountain.

When Lu Zhengan knocked on the door of his house, Song Lan, who was washing Lu Xingyi's urine ring, was really shocked. After listening carefully and confirming that it was Lu Zheng'an's voice, he greeted Song Huaishu who was helping Lu Xingyi wipe his body in the room, and hurriedly walked to the door and opened the latch.

"Oh, I thought it would take you two days to come back. You are in such a hurry. Do you have time to eat when you get back?"

"It was too early to check the time after we sold out yesterday? Uncle Chang Gen and I rushed back. Where is Huai Shu, can they rest?"

As Lu Zhengan spoke, he unloaded the two mules from their harnesses. After tying the mule to the firewood shed, he clapped his hands and said to Song Lan, "Mother, is there any food left in the evening? I'll take a few bites to fill my stomach."

"Yes, yes, I just steamed the steamed buns today, and I'll scramble two more eggs for you. You go inside and have a rest. The meal will be ready soon."

Lu Zheng'an was really hungry, and hearing Song Lan's words was not polite to her. Thinking of Song Huaishu and his daughter, whom he hadn't seen for several days, he hurriedly washed his hands and walked back into the house.

At this time, Song Huaishu heard that Lu Zhengan was back and was busy helping Lu Xingyi get dressed. She was just a little girl who had been restrained by a cotton-padded jacket all day. Now she had just been 'liberated' and was being put into clothes by her father. Of course she didn't want to. He was babbling and shaking his little feet, refusing to cooperate.