Chapter 105

It was the end of February when Ji Yueqiao left Lu Zheng'an's home. At this time, everything has revived. The small trees on the mountain have sprouted green branches, and the mountains and plains are full of vitality.

However, after Ji Yueqiao left, it didn't rain again, and the weather quickly became hotter. In the village, not to mention Lu Zhengan and Song Huaishu, even the eight or nine-year-old children could tell that the weather was extremely abnormal.

The saplings at the top of Xinbao Mountain are only in their second year after being planted. This is the time when they need the most careful care. If we don't find a solution in time, we may not be able to save even a single leaf.

Although the water level of the small river at the foot of the mountain dropped rapidly, the springs of Hualong Mountain have not been affected for the time being. Lu Zheng'an looked at the small saplings with drooping leaves on the mountain. He originally planned to start the plan of 'changing canals to divert water' after the autumn harvest, but he started to make plans again.

It's just that the amount of work is not small, and it will definitely cost a lot of money. Lu Zheng'an was a little undecided, so he told Secretary Song Huai about the matter.

Since Jiyue Bridge left, the vegetable patch in the yard has been watered three times. Even if Song Huaishu is not engaged in farming, he can still understand that this situation is absolutely abnormal.

After hearing Lu Zheng'an say that he wanted to bring down the spring water from the mountain to water the saplings, Song Huaishu suddenly fell silent. He raised his eyes and looked at Lu Zheng'an, who was holding Lu Xingyi with a frown on his face. Song Huaishu hesitated for a moment, and finally couldn't help but ask: "Zheng'an, bringing water down from the mountain is not a small job. Not to mention it is time-consuming and labor-intensive. The construction period will definitely not be short. In my opinion, rather than diverting water from the mountains, it is better to dig wells directly."

At this point, Song Huaishu paused for a moment, and after looking at Lu Zhengan's face, he continued: "And we are not the only ones affected by the drought. When the time comes, you will divert the water down to those in the village." Uncles and uncles want to take advantage of it. Whose family do you think it's better to help first? Why not just dig a well and let the villagers water the water themselves? Then everyone will be able to miss you, not to mention, what else can you do? "There are many contradictions. Just digging a well will cost a lot. I don't know if the money we have is enough."

When Lu Zhengan heard Song Huaishu's words, he realized that he had thought a little too little.

After being silent for a long while, Lu Zhengan nodded to Song Huaishu and said, "What you said makes sense. Drilling a well will probably cost a lot of money. I'll ask Uncle Chang Gen later and ask him to help find one. Find someone. Well, it's not easy for our family to plant all the saplings. It would be a real pity if they die from drought."

"This matter should be done sooner rather than later. Go quickly? Just ask."

"Okay, my daughter is asleep. You should also lie down and relax for a while."

The garden is also very dry right now, and the small vegetable seedlings that were planted earlier are shrinking and their heads are starting to turn yellow. Song Huaishu was thinking about carrying water and watering all the vegetable seedlings. He listened to Lu Zhengan's instructions and responded perfunctorily before sending him out of the door.

After Lu Zheng'an came down the mountain, he saw many people in the fields carrying buckets of water from the ditch to water the fields. Lu Zheng'an said hello to everyone and asked a few people. They knew that Lu Changgen was also in the field, so he hurriedly thought about the direction everyone pointed in and hurried over.