Chapter 85

On the fifth day after the two elders of the Song family delivered the birth-inducing meal, Ji Yuexian led people to Hualong Mountain.

After Ji Yuexian entered the door, he looked at the old lady dressed in fine cotton who was sitting under the eaves helping Lu Zheng'an pick up dried peaches, and she almost burst into tears.

"Grandma, you...you don't live in a nice inn in town, why do you have to stay here? On this hill?"

After saying that, Ji Yuexian looked at Lu Zheng'an who came out of the warehouse, put his hands on his hips and said dissatisfied to him: "The old lady insists on living in your house, why don't you persuade her? Is this? It's very inconvenient to go up and down the mountain. What if it happens again? What can you do if you have a headache or a fever?"

"It's me who wants to live here. What are you yelling at Zheng An? Didn't I ask you to send your second mother and Yuan Baoer to Beijing? Why are you back so soon?"

Compared to Ji Yuexian's frowning face, Mrs. Ji's expression was quite indifferent. Throwing the crumbs picked up from the dustpan to the ground, he raised his head and motioned to Grandma Zhang to pour the dried peaches into the cloth bag.

"Go and rub the dustpan again, and come here to pick up these dried peaches. This afternoon is just the right time for Zheng An to call someone over to say goodbye."

Ji Yuexian felt helpless when he saw that the old lady was still working here. He pulled a stool from the side and sat next to the old lady, taking the dustpan away from her hand.

"Grandma, you want to come to Hualong Town? We can't stop you, but you can also choose a better inn."

When Mrs. Ji heard Ji Yuexian's words, her face suddenly darkened. Standing up on crutches, he looked at Ji Yuexian coldly and asked in a deep voice: "What's wrong with Zheng'an's family? They can live here, why can't I? If you come to see me, stay for a while." But it doesn't matter. As for where I want to live and what I want to do, you still can't control me!"

Song Huaishu had never seen Mrs. Ji with such an attitude. She stood at the door for a while, not knowing what to do. Seeing that he was at a loss, Lu Zhengan didn't want to get involved in their family's internal affairs, so he simply held Song Huaishu's hand, whispered to Nanny Zhang, and took him out of the door.

After stepping out, Song Huaishu looked back at the grandfather and grandson who were still in a stalemate in the yard, and asked Lu Zheng'an in a somewhat uneasy tone: "Would it be bad for us to come out like this? What if... ..."

Before Song Huaishu could speak, Lu Zhengan immediately answered: "This is a family matter. We outsiders should not listen too much. The family members are servants of the Ji family, so nothing can happen."

After saying that, Lu Zhengan looked back at Song Huaishu, who was frowning, and stretched out his hand to smooth out the wrinkles between his eyebrows.

"Since Aunt Changgen came back from Linzhou, we haven't had a good talk with her. The old lady was here earlier, and I couldn't take you too far. Now I'll take advantage of this. It's a good opportunity to go and sit at Aunt Changgen's house."

After hearing what Lu Zhengan said, Song Huaishu stopped talking, nodded and followed Lu Zhengan to Lujia Village.

When Lu Zheng'an came to the entrance of the village, most of the people in the village were at home to escape the summer heat. Under the originally bustling big tree at the head of the village, there was no one at this time.

Lu Zheng'an helped Song Huaishu cover his head and face, and couldn't help but say: "It's so sunny. If I had known I would have brought you a hat when I came out. After walking for a while, your face has turned red."