Chapter 31

It was rare that nothing happened today. Lu Zhengan, who had been tired for more than a month, finally took a nap. By the time I got up and opened the door, it was already nearly midnight.

The sun was already very hot at this time, but the Lu family's small courtyard was surrounded by bamboo forests and there was a stream flowing by, so it was cooler than down the mountain.

The rice dumplings that had been simmered all night in the big pot at the door were already ripe. As soon as Lu Zhengan opened the lid of the pot after washing, a rush of rice dumplings mixed with the unique fragrance of rice came rushing towards him.

Lu Zhengan had slept until now, so he was naturally very hungry. He quickly picked out two of them with chopsticks and peeled off the outer leaves while enduring the heat from his fingertips.

The bean paste that Lu Zheng'an took was probably because the colorful thread wrapped around the outside of the Ruo leaves was a little tight, and the bean paste inside spilled out. The surface of the rice dumplings looks a little dirty, but it doesn't delay eating. When Lu Zheng'an took a bite, he felt that the glutinous rice in his mouth was soft and sticky, and the fragrance lingered on his teeth and cheeks. Especially the bean paste inside had a sweet aftertaste, was soft and moist, and was extremely delicious.

Zongzi are generally delicious when they are hot. Lu Zhengan, who was extremely hungry, stood around the stove and ate three zongzi in one go before he stopped.

By the time the three rice dumplings were eaten, Lu Zhengan could no longer eat anything. Seeing that it was getting late, I went back to the house, washed the soup on my hands, and took out another colorful ball of thread.

After the rice dumplings were taken out of the pot and allowed to cool, each group of four were tied into a string with colored silk threads. By the time all the rice dumplings were tied, half an hour had passed.

The folks in the village had been helping a lot in the past few days, so Lu Zhengan naturally wanted to reciprocate the favor. At the same time, I just took this opportunity to celebrate the festival to maintain relations with the village. After all, there is still a lot of time in the future, and there is no guarantee that I will come to you for other matters.

help.

Putting the tied rice dumplings into the basket, Lu Zhengan also took out the dried peaches that had been packed in the warehouse. Although each family only gave about half a catty, it was considered a piece of my heart.

At present, all the dried peaches have been made, and the wages originally paid have not yet been paid to others. Lu Zhengan just took this opportunity to give them to others.

When Lu Zheng'an arrived at the entrance of the village, the elderly men and women in the village were sitting under the big tree enjoying the cool air. Seeing Lu Zhengan coming with a basket on his back, he opened his mouth to say hello.

"Zheng'an, you are carrying so many things, who are you giving gifts to?" One of them, Uncle Liu, asked loudly, fanning his cattail leaf fan.

Hearing this, Lu Zheng'an stopped and said with a smile: "I have a lot of housework these days, and people in the village have been helping me a lot. Why don't we celebrate the festival, so I prepared some things to come over and take a look, and by the way, give away the money for the help. go."

As soon as these words came out, everyone present could not help but look stunned. "It's just a matter of helping out, why should I be paid? It's all from the villagers. It's too unorthodox."

The speaker was Lu Tieshuan's wife, Mrs. Zhang. When she heard that Lu Zheng'an came here to pay her wages, she couldn't help but beam with joy and she was extremely polite.