Chapter 14

Since the summer harvest is not far away, most people in the village are already busy playing field to prepare for the upcoming summer harvest. So when Lu Zheng'an entered the village with snacks, there were only a few elderly people chatting under the old locust tree at the entrance of the village.

Even though Lu Zhengan was of high seniority, he still had to stop and say hello when he saw the group of old men and women in front of him.

But what Lu Zheng'an didn't expect was that the old people who usually smiled when they saw him had indifferent expressions this time, and some of them even glanced at Lu Zheng'an with disdain in their eyes.

Seeing everyone's expressions, although Lu Zhengan was confused, he had no time to delve deeper. After saying hello to everyone, Lu Zhengan wanted to leave.

At this moment, the old man who was leaning against the locust tree and playing with others suddenly stopped him.

"Zheng'an, what are you busy with these days? Why don't you come to the village to talk?"

The old man who spoke was Lu Ming, the descendant of Lu Zhengan, the fourth eldest son in the clan. Although he is not young, he is the same generation as Lu Zhengan's father.

However, this old man was the previous village chief of Lujia Village. He was strict, fair and just, and quite prestigious in the village. Whenever a family in the village had a dispute or dispute, they would usually ask this old man to help bring justice.

Because his parents died young, Lu Zhengan was raised by Mr. Lu single-handedly since he was a child. Lu Ming pitied him for losing his parents at a young age, and he had always been more partial to him than an ordinary nephew. Although he didn't greet her every time they met, it was the first time that his tone was so cold.

"I bought some chicken babies and ducklings from the town a few days ago. I am thinking about making a new chicken coop at home. No, I don't have enough hemp rope at home, so I went to Uncle Chang Gen's house to borrow a bundle first."

Lu Ming raised his head and glanced at Lu Zheng'an. He kept playing chess with his hands, but what he said made Lu Zheng'an feel confused.

"Zheng'an, you are an honest kid and you are not a person who competes with others. But maybe some wind will blow you up, so sometimes you still have to be careful in your actions and don't let others poke you in the back. Backbone."

As soon as the fourth uncle Lu Ming said these words, Lu Zhengan thought that the old man had overheard him and Li Erwang going down the mountain to sell fish. He was worried that the sister-in-law of Li Erwang's family would cause trouble for him, so he thought of giving him a few words of advice.

Seeing Lu Zheng'an nod, Lu Ming spoke again: "You are also twenty this year, and you have already participated in the Mid-Spring Party. Is there anyone you like? You are not young anymore, and it is time to start a family."

Hearing this, Lu Zhengan could not remain silent: "Fourth uncle, this matter is not urgent..."

Hearing Lu Zheng'an's words, Lu Ming immediately put down the pebbles in his hand, and the corners of his wrinkled mouth tightened with displeasure.

"How can you not be anxious! Do you have to wait until people are chewing your tongue behind your back?"

After Lu Ming finished speaking, everyone around him looked at the uncle and nephew under the big locust tree with expressions on their faces.

No matter how stupid Lu Zhengan was, he could tell there was something wrong in Lu Ming's words. He stared at Lu Ming closely and asked, "Fourth uncle, I don't quite understand what you are saying."