Chapter 9

After buying the chickens and ducks, Lu Zhengan saw that the goose seedlings at the stall next to him were pretty good, so he bought four more.

Looking at the chattering little things crowded together in the backpack, the original idea of inviting Song Huaishu to a meal had to be given up. Although there is already a lot of wheat straw in the backpack, these little things don't have martial ethics. They still have to walk several miles to get home. If they get pooped on by these little things, they will be able to wash themselves off when they get home.

At this time, the sun had already risen in the sky, and Song Huaishu's fair face was slightly red from the sun. Feeling sorry, Lu Zheng'an stuffed half a basket of eggs he had bought in advance into Song Huaishu's hand.

"It's getting late, so I should go back. I can use these eggs to replenish my uncle and aunt's health, and they can come to my place to play when I'm free another day."

How could Song Huaishu be willing to take half a basket of eggs? "I can't accept these eggs if I don't get reward for my merits."

Just as the two were pushing and shoving, a dark-faced Song Xiren walked towards this side with his hands behind his back. Seeing the two people seeming to be arguing about something at the street corner, Song Xiren thought they had some quarrel and walked over quickly.

When Lu Zheng'an saw Song Xiren coming over, he bent down and put the basket on the ground, gave Song Xiren a junior salute, and then said: "Uncle Song, what do you want to buy when you come out? It's getting late, so I won't delay you. I'll visit you again when I have time later."

Seeing that Lu Zheng'an was about to leave, Song Xiren thought of the purpose of coming out. Although he felt awkward, he still said, "Seeing that it's almost noon, why don't we go home to have a light meal."

Lu Zheng'an carried a basket of cubs on his back and smiled at the Songs and his son: "I won't stay here if I have something to do at home. I'll go back when I have the chance."

When Song Huaishu saw that Lu Zhengan was leaving, he wanted to stuff the half basket of eggs on the ground back, but when he saw that his father's expression seemed a little bad, he couldn't help but feel worried.

"Father, aren't you taking care of your mother at home? Why are you out?"

Song Xiren didn't want Song Huaishu to know what they were planning, so he made an excuse after hearing his question.

"Your mother said she wanted to eat fish, so I came out to see if there is any."

After saying that, Song Xiren looked at his son with a gentle expression, and asked casually: "What did you argue with the Lu family just now? Seeing that your face turned red in anger, I thought he bullied you. ."

Hearing this, Song Huaishu subconsciously touched his slightly hot face, bent down to lift the basket from the ground, and raised it to give his father a look.

"I just walked with him to the vegetable market, and Lu Zhengan gave him half a basket of eggs. I didn't help much, so how could I accept such an expensive gift?"

Song Xiren was confused when he heard this, and recalled carefully that Lu Zhengan was humble, polite, and kind and generous to others. This kind of character can be regarded as rare in every village.

But ever since he saw his son, who had always disliked being close to others, treating him differently, Song Xiren always felt uncomfortable...

Thinking about it this way, Song Xiren always felt that he was a bit of a villain. But now is not the time to think about this. After all, he is carrying his wife's instructions.