Chapter 63

Three days after Lu Ming's death, he was officially released from the coffin on the third day of November.

The day before leaving the coffin, Lu Changgen cut off the thin hemp rope that previously tied Lu Ming's legs, and took off the yellow paper covering his face.

He led all the nephews and nephews of the Lu family around Lu Ming's coffin and wiped it with a cloth before completely closing the coffin lid. When the coffin was taken out the next day, rivets were used to nail the coffin lid and body together.

Lu Changgen did not let Lu Zhengping participate in Lu Ming's death. Just when he was preparing to leave the coffin, he dropped a basin. The willow flags that followed were all placed on the coffin without letting him get his hands on them.

When Lu Ming's coffin was carried out of the yard by the Lu family's nephews, the onlookers saw the willow flags covered on the coffin lid and were a little surprised for a moment.

After everyone searched around the entourage of the funeral and found no trace of Lu Zhengping, the discussion became even louder.

Lu Ming carried the flag himself, which meant that there would be no heirs in this lineage after his death. It was also a disguised explanation to everyone that Lu Zhengping was no longer a descendant of the Lu family.

Although Lu Zhengping was a bit arrogant on weekdays, he was still filial to Lu Ming in the past. However, after marrying Chen Cuihua, although there were a lot of quarrels in the family, I didn't hear that the father and son were quarreling to this extent. No matter what everyone suspected, Lu Ming's coffin was still carried out of the door step by step.

Lu Ming's cemetery was chosen in the northeast of the village. When the funeral procession arrived at the cemetery, the tomb had already been dug, laid with lime and charcoal, and a monument was placed in front of it.

Lu Changgen held a straw mat and laid it out on the bottom of the quiene, and then called on everyone to use ropes to slowly and steadily place the coffin into the quiene. After placing the Ming Jing on the coffin, the men and women stood up on the east and west sides, and then ordered people to bury it with soil.

After a while, a tomb was built in front of everyone. Lu Changgen asked everyone in the Lu family to bow three times to the new tomb before leaving.

After sending Lu Ming out of the coffin, Lu Zhengan wanted to go home immediately to pick up Song Huaishu from the town. However, he was stopped by Lu Changgen.

Lu Zheng'an came to Lu Changgen, looked at his haggard appearance, and hurriedly asked, "Uncle Changgen, do you have anything else to ask?"

"I see you want to go back, but is there something going on at home?"

Lu Zheng'an had nothing to hide in front of Lu Changgen. When he asked, he answered truthfully: "Now, the fourth uncle has been buried. How many days has Huai Shu stayed at my father-in-law's house? It's time for me to take him back. Uncle Changgen If you have something to do, just ask me, it's the same thing if I go later?"

Hearing this, Lu Changgen looked at the people passing by them, hesitated for a moment, and then said nothing more.

Lu Zheng'an was eager to take back Song Huaishu, but when he saw Lu Changgen acting like this, he didn't ask further questions. He gave Lu Changgen a junior salute and advised him to go back and have a good rest, then strode home.

...

When Lu Zhengan packed up and came to town, the time had just arrived.

At this time, Song Xiren had not yet gone to the shop. When he saw Lu Zhengan coming, he hurriedly called Song Huaishu who was resting in the house to come out.