Chapter 32

The next day, before dawn, Lu Zhengan had already gotten up from the bed.

Because it was still early, Lu Zhengan was afraid that it was too early to pick up Song Huaishu. There were no stalls selling breakfast on the street, so he went to the stove to heat a few rice dumplings, and then went outside to wash up. .

Lu Zhengan bought eight chickens, but when they grew up, he discovered that only two of them were roosters. However, these two roosters are not yet fully grown. For their daily job of crowing, they basically spend three days fishing and two days drying nets, which is extremely unreliable.

Don't look at these two little things who are "cheating and sneaking" in their work, but they are very accurate in begging for food every day. Whenever he heard any movement in the yard, he would stand at the door of the chicken coop, stretch his neck and cluck non-stop.

Lu Zheng'an finally managed to 'serve' these little things to such a big age, how could he really be willing to let them starve? After the rice dumplings in the pot were hot, Lu Zhengan had already mixed the food quickly and put it into the chicken pen.

When Lu Zhengan packed the rice dumplings and cleaned up the door, the sky outside was still gray. Lu Zhengan locked the door in the dark and went down the mountain.

When Lu Zhengan came to the Song family, it was still dark, and Song Huaishu and Song Xiren had already gotten up.

Hearing the knock on the door, Song Huaishu knew that Lu Zhengan had arrived and hurriedly went to the door to open the door.

Looking at Mr. and Mrs. Song who had already stood up with him, Lu Zhengan couldn't help but feel a little guilty. After saying hello to the two of them, Song Huaishu over there was also ready to come out of the room.

"Father, mother, Zheng'an and I will leave first. It's still early. You go and sleep for a while to save yourself from feeling uncomfortable during the day."

"I understand, just leave us alone. Be careful on the road and come back early in the afternoon. I'll leave some food for you."

When we came out of Song's house, the sky in the east was just turning white.

Because of the temple fair in Jiang'an Town, there were already several mule carts parked at the entrance of the town, ready to carry passengers.

Lu Zheng'an stepped forward and asked about the price. The driver said that a trip to Jiang'an Town only cost twenty bucks. Lu Zheng'an paid the price without even thinking and asked Song Huaishu to get on the bus quickly.

Song Huaishu disagreed, "It costs 20 coppers for the two of us to go there. If we share a car with others, it only costs 4 or 5 coppers. It's really a bit expensive. It's better to wait."

Lu Zheng'an held Song Huaishu's arm and motioned him to get in the car quickly. He explained: "It's nearly twenty miles to Jiang'an Town. This car doesn't look big. We two grown men got into the car. It doesn't feel spacious at all. If you share a car with others, it will be even more crowded. Besides, you don't know who is sharing the car with us or how many things they bring. Rather than having such trouble, it is better to spend more money and feel comfortable."

After saying that, Lu Zhengan took out the rice dumplings that had just been heated in the morning from the cloth bag he was carrying. He touched them and saw that they were still warm, so he peeled off the wrapped bamboo leaves and handed them over.

"You shouldn't have time to have breakfast in the morning, right? I specially brought a few rice dumplings to satisfy your hunger first. When we arrive in Jiang'an Town, I will take you to eat something delicious."