Chapter 18

It has been so long since the Mid-Spring Festival that Lu Zhengan saw Matchmaker Jiang again for the first time. Originally, he was about to forget about this matter, but now when he saw Matchmaker Jiang coming to his door, his face froze when he thought of the fucking law of "If a man is not married until he is twenty, and if a woman is not married until she is fifteen, her family will sit there" .

Lu Zheng'an: "Why does Grandma Jiang have time to come to my house today? It's hot, please sit inside."

Matchmaker Jiang glanced at Song Lan and Song Huaishu, who were standing aside, and thought they were relatives of his family. He waved the handkerchief in his hand and said with a smile: "It's not a big deal that I'm here, so I won't sit in the room."

After saying that, Matchmaker Jiang glanced at the two people next to her again, and continued: "It's been half a month since the Zhongchun Festival, so I just came to ask if you have anyone in mind. You should also know that the higher-ups are always trying to catch up on this matter. Be careful, if Brother Lu has something he likes, he needs to settle on it as soon as possible. Otherwise, it will be hard for me to explain to my superiors."

On the surface, Matchmaker Jiang's words sounded very embarrassing to her, but if she looked carefully, it was not difficult to hear the coercion in them.

How could Lu Zhengan not understand what she meant? He nodded to show that he understood. "It's annoying my mother-in-law."

Matchmaker Jiang had a good impression of Lu Zhengan, so she stopped talking after seeing him. He nodded to Song Lanshi and Song Huaishu, then turned away with the handkerchief in hand.

Seeing Matchmaker Jiang leaving, the three people at the entrance of the hospital fell silent for a moment. Not to mention how Lu Zheng'an was feeling, the Song mother and son's mood had reached rock bottom after hearing Matchmaker Jiang's urging for marriage.

After all, Song Huaishu has reached the age of weak this year. Even if he is not ready, the government will not allow him to continue like this.

Song Lanshi had obviously thought of this as well. She looked back at Song Huaishu, whose face was already a little pale, and sighed silently in her heart.

In fact, although she suggested to Song Xiren that she should find someone to form a contract with Song Huaishu who did not dislike him, she still felt hesitant in her heart. After all, Song Huaishu was already old and had his own opinions and ideas. It's always wrong to make a decision without consulting him.

But now that the situation is forcing Song Lan's heart, which was still a little wavering, it gradually becomes firmer. Turning to look at Lu Zhengan aside, he saw that he was looking down the mountain in a daze, and couldn't help but take a deep breath.

"Go back first."

Although the arrival of Matchmaker Jiang has given the three of them a lot of worries, they still have to eat. Moreover, it is really troublesome to wrap dumplings by one person. After the three of them entered the courtyard, Song Lan took the basket and went to the shady place under the eaves to select leeks with Song Huaishu.

Lu Zhengan, on the other hand, took the pork knife that Song Huaishu brought over, neatly peeled it, cut it into pieces, and started to chop the meat filling.

Song Lanshi glanced at Lu Zhengan who was busy in the kitchen, and then turned his attention to Song Huaishu beside him.

Perhaps it was because Matchmaker Jiang came to visit just now, but Song Huaishu's face had lost the joy he had when he first arrived. Although on the surface he looked the same as before, as his mother, Song Lan couldn't see his emotional changes.