Chapter 14- 'Love illness'

I do not own Naruto

My eyes opened to see a white room, my arms and head wrapped in white bandages. My eyes snapped to the side when I heard snoring. A small smile formed onto my face as I saw Naruto lying in the bed beside me.

I jumped when the window opened, looking over I saw Jiraiya. "Oh, you're finally up." He smiled as he sat himself on the window ledge.

"Hey Grampa sage." I greeted, my voice a little raspy as I glanced at the sleeping Naruto. "How long has he been here? Is he okay?"

Jiraiya chuckled, "Almost a week, and yes he's just fine. As a mater of fact, as soon as you were brought here he went home, grabbed a couple of clothes and refused to leave. Even after hearing that you were okay."

I gave a small laugh but my happiness faded. "Did Granny check my, illness?"

He nodded. "She said that you should be fine, although I think you will have to take some medication for a month or something like that to make sure you're okay." He ruffled my hair. "You sure had us worried, kid."

One eye closed as I gave him a smile. "Hey! I promised Naruto I wouldn't die. Besides, who's going to protect him if I don't? And who's going to keep you in check, Naruto wouldn't, he would probably join you in your influence." He chuckled.

"Oh, by the way there was a little girl with, um, cat ears that kept coming by to check on you. She said something about wanting to show you something. She seems very fond of you." Jiraiya smiled.

"Oh! Akami! I met her before I went on the mission. Some genin's were picking on her, she's a strong kid, cute too-" I stopped when the door opened.

Glancing over a small smile formed again as I saw Akami, her ears down as she looked at the floor. Looking up her expression changed as she saw me awake. "Yuki!" She exclaimed jumping at me.

Luckily Jiraiya caught her before she tackled me. "Hey, can't you see she's injured? Jumping on her will only hurt her more, and she's just woke up."

She pouted as she looked at him then at me and grinned. Reaching into a pouch around her waist she pulled out a headband. "Look Yuki-chan! I graduated like I said I would!" Her grinned stayed in place.

I smiled, "You did, huh? So what team are you on?"

Jiraiya smiled as he set the excited squirming genin down. As soon as her feet were on the ground she ran to the side on my bed.

"I was put on a team of four, since I graduated at a different time." She hugged her headband. "I'm on team Ebisu!"

"Oh? The closet perv? Hey, isn't Konohamaru, Udon, and Moegi on that squad?" I asked putting a finger to my cheek in a thinking manner.

She nodded, "Yeah! Konohamaru-kun said he knew you and Naruto, is it true?"

I nodded, "Yeah, Naruto-kun is almost like a second teacher to him."

I turned to Jiraiya as I heard the window open again, he was half way out the door. "Hey, Pervy sage, where you going?"

He looked at me. "I'll see you later Yuki. I'm sure Lady Tsunade is going to be letting you out soon anyway." He gave a little wave before disappearing.

Akami turned to lok at Naruto, who was mumbling in his sleep, as always. "No, i swear I didn't...." Then he would snore.

I giggled, Akami's ears twitched as she walked closer then poked his whiskered cheek. Nothing happened, she turned to me.