Chapter 73- Granny's back

I do not own Naruto

........................................................................

A warm breeze caressed my face, my eyes remained closed as my hair blew in the wind softly. My cheeks were still red as I was still running a fever. However, even though I was sick, since I was living alone again I wasn't exactly under house arrest. At least until someone went to my new house and noticed I wasn't there. 

For now I sat at the top of the Hokage Monument, looking over at the village under construction. While we were away they had made much progress, but even now I found myself looking in the area that used to be the Okami clan. As I was the last one, there was no point in wasting space for the village to rebuild the clan bounds, just as the Uchiha clan. Even so, it saddened me to some degree, just thinking of the fact that all that my clan had worked for, all the history of them in the buildings, were destroyed. Along with most of my pictures of my family, only a few were found and salvaged.

I jumped slightly when a person dropped down to sit next to me. Glancing over I quickly noticed the childish look and black hair. Ichiru grinned at me, poking me in the check. "I found you, Yuki-chan."

I sighed, looking back at the village. "I guess you did, Ichiru."

"Not that it was hard or anything. SInce half the time you are up here, and your chakra is very easy to detect. Especially in this village." He grinned, resting his hand beind in to help support him as he let his legs dangle off the edge like me. "Not that I blame you for coming up here, the view is nice, and there is always a nice breeze."

I nodded slightly. "Yeah. I've been coming up here since I was seven."

That seemed to spark his interest. "Why?"

I paused, "That was when I was officially alone, since my clan had died then. After my day at school I would either train, or come up here and watch the village. Then, when I met Naruto, I would bring him up here too. I guess it just became a habit."

He smiled, not like his childish smiles, but more of a genuine gentle smile. "I can tell you really do care about Naruto."

I blinked, my head turning to look over at Ichiru, who was now no longer looking at me, but at the village. He continued, "I'm sorry for coming here and just thinking we could be together and all. Hell, I don't even know what it was that made me like you in the first place, other than you were really pretty." He paused, his eyes closing as he sighed. "I guess I'll just have to give up for now, but if that Uzumaki ever does something wrong, I'll be right there. Both to kick his ass, and to help you out."

I gave a small smirk, "So, you're done chasing after me, right?"

He gave a nod, "Yeah, but I think I'll think of you as a little sister. Since Zero is like my sister, and you're related to her."

"A brother...." I muttered, a grin forming on my face. "Yeah, I've always wanted a brother. The last person I thought of as a brother ended up betraying me, so just don't do that."

This time Ichiru blinked, puzzled about who I was talking about, but grinned. "Yosh! Don't worry, I won't!"

After a moment of silence, Ichiru, as if remembering something, gasped. "Oh yeah! Now I remember why I came looking for you!"

I looked over at him, expecting him to order me back home, but what came next was a pleasant surprise. "Lady Tsunade, the Hokage that you're so fond of, she's awake again. I heard she's doing well, considering."