Chapter 70- Madara and Sasuke

I do not own Naruto

.................................................................................

My coat and shoes now rested at the door to the room at the Inn we had decided to stay at. My back rested against the wall, my legs drawled up against my chest. While Kakashi, Yamato, and Naruto stayed in the room next to mine, I was alone, with the exception of Ace. Kakashi had been reluctant to make me get a room, but decided it was for the best, since apparently Naruto and I being in a relationship seemed to now effect us staying in the same room. That, and Yamato mentioned that I wasn't a child anymore, and if Sakura were here, she would be in the same room as me. I had a feeling it also had to do with the limited amount of space.

Ace, of course, fully agreed, but has refused to leave me quite yet. Even now he sat next to me, completely in silence. It didn't matter how much I tried to distract myself, my thoughts always were lead back to Sasuke. The Raikage had completely disregarded Naruto and I, and he is going to continue his search for Sasuke.

Sasuke would be hunted, and eventually killed, and there was nothing I could do. After all I've tried to do to get him back, keep him from falling in the darkness further. Even after retrieving the scar on my stomach from Sasuke, I should have hated him, but in some strange way it only pushed me to help him more. Sure, I was angry, but over the years, possibly being influenced by Naruto, the anger dissolved into wanting to help him, save him from the darkness.

Now it seems as though I was too late, it was almost as though he was completely swallowed by hatred. How was I supposed to help him, supposed to help Naruto help him, if the whole world was against him?

Then there was the fact that he has apparently joined the Akatsuki. I really don't want to believe it, and I will keep denying it until I see him in the Akatsuki robes. If that really is the case, I'm going to have to do something. Years ago I promised to protect Naruto, no matter what, and one of the threats to Naruto is the Akatsuki. If Sasuke is somehow a threat to Naruto, I will have to do something.

And, if the Cloud really does set out to destroy Sasuke, it won't just be him that I have to worry about. Then I will have to worry about stopping a war between Konoha and Kumogakure, just as Naruto had pointed out.

My eyes widened as the thought to the solution crossed my mind. I bit the inside of my cheek, my eyes stinging from keeping in any tears that threatened to fall. Ace seemed to notice the sudden change in me, as he turned to face me fully.

"Yuki-sama? What's wrong?" He asked.

Before I could respond, my body sprang up. I turned in the direction of Naruto's room. "Damn it." I cursed, throwing myself to my door and shoving it open, quickly crossing into Naruto's room.

There I found Naruto's window opening, and the orange masked Akatsuki member opening it. Before Naruto or the masked man could process I was in the room, I rolled Naruto, who was laying on his side, behind me.

The Akatsuki member, now seated on the railing of the balcony, seemed to look at me. "Not bad, imoto. I guess you inherited your mother's sensory skills. Now then, since you're both here, Imoto, Naruto Uzumaki, how about we talk?"

Unlike before, his voice wasn't high pitched or funny, now it was much deeper and threatening. I scowled, my hand reaching for one of the hidden kunai's. "As much as we would love to talk, we try not to include ourselves with scum like you."

It seemed like only now Naruto had processed what was happening, as he was suddenly on his feet, pushing me behind him as a clone formed the Rasengan. Leaving me with the clone he rushed to hit the masked man with the jutsu.