chapter 41

I do not own Naruto

I glanced at Sakura, that smirk still on her face. My eyes narrowed as I leaned in towards her, her smirk still in place as she noticed me.

"What's up with that smirk of your's?" I muttered.

Her smirk only grew, "Oh, nothing, Yuki-san." Her eyes glanced towards Naruto, who still seemed to be staring at me. "Nothing at all."

My gaze on her broke when Sai and Hinata came back. "How'd it go?" Kakashi asked.

"It's as we thought. It's not just an ordinary mist." Hinata informed, "There's a violent chakra embedded in it, and that same chakra is also covering the entire lake."

"So, it's certain now that the Three tails is truly in the lake." Yamato muttered.

"Considering what happened to Naruto and Yuki, the mist can also make people hallucinate." Kakashi added. "It's like a barrier."

"Probably one to prevent anyone from getting close to the lake." Yamato looked at Kakashi.

"This is bad!" Naruto exclaimed, looking at me. "That guy's still inside! Yuki-chan, what should we do?!"

"What guy?" Kiba asked.

I stayed quiet, making Naruto look at Sakura. "hey, Sakura, you remember, right? Before we came here, I was telling you about someone I met."

"Now that you mention it..." Sakura muttered.

Sai gave a closed eye smile. "Ah! Naruto is delusional again!"

Before Naruto could get mad at Sai I stepped in. "No, he's not delusional! I saw the kid as well, when we were on the lake. I know he's not a ninja... but that chakra." I muttered at the end, not knowing if we should or should not help.

"Please, Kakashi sensei! Let me  go and see if he's safe!" Naruto demanded.

"I'm sorry, Naruto, but I can't give you permission to do that." Kakashi said.

"Kakashi sensei!" Naruto shouted angrily.

"You and Yuki were just under the Three tail's illusion, and you two almost attacked Kiba and Yamato. I won't let you be a one-man army, and I won't let Yuki go with you alone either, as I already know she was about to volunteer to go with you." Kakashi explained.

"Yeah, I see what you mean, but..." Naruto trailed off.

"But still, Kakashi sensei, what are we going to do now that the situation has changed? Setting this aside, we've strayed pretty far from our search for Orochimaru's hideout." Kiba asked.

Kakashi sighed, "Well, with matters getting out of hand, it's not up to us to decide. Pakkun is already on his way to Konoha. Until Tsunade-sama's orders reach us, we're on standby." Kakashi explained. "We'll observe the movements of the Three tails and the others from outside the mist. Got it?"

We all nodded, "Understood."

I leaned against a tree, watching the area I was in charge of. The sun had set a hour or two ago, leaving me alone in the darkness. My thoughts were allowed to wonder, as I was alone and no one was here to disrupt them.

'The lady, she know's mom, but she's working for Orochimaru. And, my crystal style seems stronger, but she knows more than I do about it, giving her the upper hand.' I clenched my teeth. 'Damn it! How am I supposed to protect them, if I don't even know all there is to know? Then, there's also another strange thing.'

I looked down at my hands, my eyes narrowing. 'Why is it all of my crystal chakra changing color? Instead of a solid color, it's all multi-colored. Normally I wouldn't think much of it, but even that lady seemed shocked by it. I guess I'll just have to go to the Kessho village, Arashi should be able to explain more about the crystal.'