Chapter 53- Kessho Village's new leader, Eito

I do not own Naruto

Jiraiya and I ran side by side, my eyes darted to the ground as I looked for any shards of crystal. "Yuki," I looked back up at Jiraiya who had stopped, a concern look on his face.

I narrowed my eyebrows, "What is it, Grandpa sage?"

"What Kakashi talked to me about." Jiraiya muttered, meeting my eyes. "You do need to become stronger. if a member of the Akatsuki is really set out to get you, you need to master your crystal chakra."

I clenched my teeth and looked down, "I know, to be honest, before that fight with the Crystal user working for Orochimaru, I had thought I did master my crystal chakra. But now I realize all I've done is just child's play. I-If I want to protect Naruto-kun and everyone else I love, and my village, I have to get stronger. Which means mastering this technique..."

I looked up when Jiraiya placed his hand on my head, giving me a closed eye smile. "Yuki, you don't have to do all of the protecting yourself, as long as I'm here you won't have to work as hard. Besides, I know you can master this crystal chakra, but don't rush yourself."

A smile slowly formed on my face, "Yeah,- Hey! I found the piece of crystal!"

He laughed as I jumped down to run towards the blue crystal. As I grew closer to the crystal I noticed huge black and blue crystal gates. My eyes widened as a smile formed on my face, 'The crystal gates are a different color, but they're still as beautiful as ever! But, Jiraiya was right there is no genjutsu...'

The clatter of Jiraiya's shoes made me turn around to look at him. "Grandpa sage, when did they change the color of the crystal gates?"

He looked up, a fond smile forming on his face. "Well, well. It seems that they must have a new leader. I remember you mother telling me that each time they get a new leader, they change the color of the crystal gates."

My smile grew more as I looked at it, "That's so cool!-"

I blinked when two Kessho villages jumped down from the trees and knocked me to the ground. I puffed out my cheeks, "Hey!" I snapped.

"Arashi sensei, it's just Jiraiya-sama and Yuki-chan." A deep voice said, pulling the man that was holding a dark blue crystal sword to my neck.

I looked up seeing a brown haired man with blue eyes, my eyes traveled to the deep scar on his cheek before looking back at him. He studied me, "Prove you have crystal chakra."

I grinned before forming handsigns, "Crystal release: Crystal sword!"

Arashi's eyes widened as he looked at the multi colored crystal sword. His own crystal sword disappeared, but he walked over to me, his eyes trained on the crystal. "How long has your crystal been like this?"

I blinked, "Like what?"

He lightly touched the colorful crystal before shaking his head. "Never mind, I'll ask you later."

Jiraiya slapped Arashi on the back, making Arashi's eye twitch as Jiraiya laughed loudly. "Arashi! How have you been?"

Arashi sighed, "Fine, Jiraiya-sama. I'll excort you two to Eito-sama."

"Eito-sama?" I asked, tilting my head.

Arashi nodded, "Yeah, he's our new leader."

Hikaru grunted, making me look over at him. His blond hair, as usual, was a mess and his dark blue eyes studied me. It was then that I noticed he was wearing the same dark blue vest as Arashi.

I puffed out my cheeks again. "Hey! When did you become a jounin?!"

Hikaru blinked before grinning at me, "Oh, that? I became a jounin about a year ago. How about that friend you always talked about, is he a jounin yet?"