Chapter 44- *Mai* Academy and Genin Days

I do not own Naruto

Mai's POV

Minato and I sat next to each other while we waited for our teacher to return. I looked at him, a pout present on my face. "Oh, come on, Mina-kun. It wouldn't hurt"

He looked at me, shaking his head. "We are not doing it, I like my perfect attendance. It's bad enough you almost got my in trouble the other day for making me steal some guy's clothes from the bath house."

I crossed my arms, the pout still present on my face. "You're not only a wimp, but a goody goody. And here I thought by now I would have changed you from a wimpy kid to a bad ass." I sighed.

Our conversation was interrupted by the class bullies picking on Kushina again. "Your hair is red like a tomato!"

"Yeah! You're a tomato, Tomato!"

"Nobody likes Tomatos!"

I blinked, "I like tomatos...."

Minato sighed next to me, somewhat used to my side comments. My eyes wondered around the room for the boy that normally stood up for Kushina, where was Teno? My concern grew when one of the boys pulled on her red hair.

Minato looked at her concerned as well, which made sense to me since he admitted to me a while ago he liked Kushina.

I nudged him, "Hey, maybe now's your chance to stop being a wimp and help out your- nevermind." A sigh escaped me when I saw Kushina grab onto one of the boy's arm's and swing him around, knocking down all of the other boys.

When she saw Minato looking she snapped at him, "What?!"

Minato, being the wimp he was, quickly looked away scared. My eye twitched at him, but a smirk formed when he glanced back at her, a small smile on his face before looking strait again.

"You know, you just blew a chance, Mina-kun." I muttered.

He goraned, "Shut up, Mai-chan."

"Aw, Kushina, you already beat up the boys." Minato and I looked back to see Teno walk in, looking down at the boys who were picking on her.

She huffed, her arms crossed. "I know you told me not to, but they were giving me no choice, dattebane!" Her face grew red at the end of her sentence.

"Ne, Mina-kun, I think she has a fever. Quick, bring her to the nurse, it will show her you care!" I ordered, tugging on his white jacket.

"Mai-chan, she dosen't have a fever." Minato sweatdropped.

I narrowed my eyes, "How do you know, you're not a doctor."

"You're not one either." He stated with a sigh.

"Shut up Mina-kun." I pouted again. "You suck, won't let me skip class, won't participate in my pranks, and now you're saying you know more medical things than I do. Just you wait, I'll go and train under a great medical ninja soon,then you can say anything then."

"What are you mumbling about now, Mai-chan?" Minato asked, as if he didn't hear anything from me.

"Oh, just shut up Mr. Future Hokage." I crossed my arms, Minato responded with a laugh.