Chapter 52- Another failed attempt

I do not own Naruto.

Thunder clashed to the ground, lighting up the darkened sky. My team and I still stood as the masked man waved around his arms childishly. We had been trying to get past him for hours, but he was just playing with us. Naruto growled next to me, his temper rising higher as each minute passed.

I glanced at him, worried at how long it would take for him to finally snap and let the Kyuubi take over. The masked man's sudden silence made me turn back to look at him. His face was looked in the direction we were trying to go in. Then, in a deep and serious voice he said, "It's done."

I growled, stepping forward, "What are you taking about now?!"

Faking a cough he turned back to me, his hands on his hips. "I have to go now, imoto! It seems that little Sasuke has finally finished, but don't worry! I'll be coming back for you in a little bit, imoto! So, for now, bye!"

"Wait!" I growled, running to grab him just as he disappeared again.

"Yuki, come on, we should go now." Kakashi said, I clenched my teeth and nodded.

'I just wish I could have landed a hit on him! Damn it!' I growled to myself as I ran after Kakashi and the rest of my team to where Sasuke was.

Rain poured down on us as thunder lit up the black sky. I looked around in silence as the rain couldn't put out the black flames that were all around us. Ignoring the black flames I continued walking, hoping that if I did- when I found a body that it wasn't Sasuke's. Sakura and Naruto seemed to have the same thoughts as I did as they glanced around.

My eyes looked over to a small piece of a wall that once stood proud, the Uchiha's clan symbol still proudly painted on it. My eyes widened when I saw the blood that stained the Uchiha symbol, glancing to the ground I saw that the blood had fallen there. Walking closer I knew it wasn't from dripping down somebody, the blood stained the ground from a body laying there.

"Ace," I muttered, my black and red wolf walked over to me as my team looked at me. "Who's scent is this?"

Ace lowered his head to sniff the dried blood before looking at me. "The blood belongs to Uchiha Itachi, Yuki-sama."

I nodded, a small amount of relief flooded me, "Then, Sasuke isn't dead. Itachi had layed here, and I know if Itachi still had a fighting chance, he wouldn't have laid down to rest, not even for a second."

"Who took the body? And where is Sasuke?" Naruto growled.

I shrugged, my cloak hiding my face as I turned around to go back to Konoha, Sakura copying my actions. "Let's go back, there is nobody here." I looked at my wolfs, who had gather around me."You can all go back, thank you."

Ace nodded, "We're sorry we could not help any more, Yuki-sama."

I nodded, "It's fine, you did enough."

Once all of my wolfs were gone my team followed me in silence. Neither Kakashi nor Yamato protested against the decisions, most likely knowing I was right.

I lagged behind the group as we made it back to Konoha, my cloak hood up to shadow my face. The ground had become muddy from all of the rain, making small splashing sounds as we walked.

"I'll go and report to Lady Tsunade, Kakashi." Yamato's voice broke the silence.

"Thank you, Yamato." Kakashi replied softly.

I glanced up to see the gates of Konoha, along with it three people standing there. Zero, Ichiru, and Jiraiya stood by the gates, each held smiled on their faces. Once Jiraiya looked at Naruto, then to me, his smile slowly faded.