Chapter 67- The New Hokage

I do not own Naruto

...........................................................................

Silence filled the tent I stood in. The flaps were closed, making the tense atmosphere more tense as no lighting surrounded us. Sitting in a chair with two ANBU, no doubt from ROOT, was Danzo. His unbandaged eye stared at me, a cocky confidence on his face.

"I'm sorry, I believe I heard you wrong." I said finally.

"I don't think you did, Okami." Danzo replied. "But, I shall humor you and repeat myself. As shown from your fight with Pain, I was impressed. So, as I know you will give your life for the village, that you are loyal, I would like to give you an offer. If you accept, you will be promoted to ANBU, and I will have you trained to captain."

"But," I interrupted, noticing Danzo's eye narrow slightly. "I haven't gone through the jounin exams. That, and I really have no intention or wish to be apart of ROOT."

"You're far too old to really be apart of the foundation. And, as I am now the Hokage, I have the power to promote you to Anbu." Danzo explained, my eyes widened. "All I ask for, in return, is your loyalty to me and the village. Now, Yuki Okami, do you accept?"

My hands slowly clenched up into tight fist, my wide eyes narrowing down into a heated glare at Danzo. "No. I will remain loyal to this village, but I do not see you as the Hokage. That spot is still Tsunade-sama's. Only she will be able to promote me, as she is rightfully the Hokage, and you are not."

The two ANBU's beside Danzo tensed, their hands going for their weapon pouches as crystal slowly formed in the air around us. "That dosen't sound good." Danzo chided, his eyes narrowing down at me. "It almost sounds as if you are a traitor, as I am now the Hokage."

My eyes widened at what he was accusing. "W-What?!-"

"But, obviously it wouldn't look too good if I locked up the village hero, so you're saved from that. As of now, you aren't a traitor, unlike your Uchiha team mate-"

"Don't talk about Sasuke that way!" I growled, taking a step closer, only to have a ANBU appear from behind me and grab onto one of my shoulders.

Danzo seemed unfazed as he continued. "But if I see any suspicious behavior, you will find yourself locked up. My offer still stands, Yuki Okami, don't make the same mistake your father made."

My eyes narrowed more, but I didn't dare move as the ANBU holding my shoulder didn't seem to waver from his tight grip. "What do you mean?" I demanded.

"Your father, Teno Okami, rejected my offer. It was a shame really, his skills could have been used for the village." Danzo said.

"He was an ANBU-"

"Lord Hokage." I snapped around, knocking the ANBU's hand off my shoulder to look at the entrance as light flooded the tent. Another ANBU, also from root, looked from me to Danzo. "There is someone from Kumogakure to see you. It's urgent, sir."

"Very well, Okami, you are dismissed. Do think about my offer." Danzo said.

"I don't need you to dismiss me, and as I said before, you aren't the Hokage, Tsunade is. My answer now is no, and it will still be a no in the future." I huffed, lifting the flap to the entrance of the tent. I pushed past the Root ANBU, ignoring the three cloud ninja's that stared at me as I stormed my way threw them.

...........................................................................