Chapter 50- Getting Closer

I do not own Naruto

The rain had stopped hours ago, leaving us in our damp cloaks. Already a good distance from Konoha, Kakashi had us stop running. We surrounded each other as we stood on top of a roof of one of Yamato's wooden buildings.

"Alright. Our mission to find Itachi, and bring him in, begins now." Kakashi said. "The Akatsuki are after the tailed beast, and we have reason to believe that they have obtained the three tails. According to Jiraiya-sama's date, they may have already infiltrated the Fire Country, targeting Naruto.  Itachi is from Konoha. Three years ago, he returned to the village in an effort to capture Naruto." He explained.

"So.. he'll be returning to Konoha?" Sai asked.

"So will Sasuke when he comes looking for Itachi." I muttered.

"Yeah, I'm going to find Sasuke, no matter what it takes." Naruto said with determination.

"Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves." Yamato said.

"Here's the plan. This will serve as our first center point. We'll do a five kilometer search in every direction. If we don't find anything, we'll establish a new center point and repeat the process. And so on and so forth." Kakashi explained.

"Five kilometers? Our radios will be out of range." Sakura exclaimed. "If we split up it'll be too dangerous. It's the rules that all patrols are made up of two men cells. If we were to make contact with the enemy-."

"Sakura, don't get too stressed." Yamato interrupted.

"Leave that to Kakashi sensei and I, Sakura-san." I smiled before performing handsigns. Having talked to Kakashi earlier, I knew he wanted me to summon my wolfs, as well as him summon his hounds. Biting my thumb I slammed my hand on the ground. With a poof of smoke eight figures appeared.

Two of which I had never summoned before. Next to Ace stood two more wolfs, both black and red just like him. A smile formed on my face when I noticed them, "So Ace, you're letting your kids start missions, huh?"

The two younger wolfs grinned when they saw me and ran over to me, but a flash of red and white beat them to me. "Yuki-sama!" Kim grinned.

I laughed before making my pack settle down. Naruto smiled when he saw Ace and Melendy, having seem them many times.

"Now, on to the patrol formations." Kakashi interrupted my wolf's yapping, making them quiet down. "Every member will be accompany by my two hounds, and one of Yuki's wolf's will go with each team, and two wolfs will go with Yuki."

"Wolfs? And  a dog? B-But..." Sakura quieted down.

"Naruto, since you're a jinchuuriki and the one they will be after, you'll be going with Yamato and our scout, Hinata." Kakashi said, making my stomach drop slightly.

My wolf's all looked at me, making me smile at them. "Mai, you go with Kakashi." Ace's daughter looked disappointed for a moment before running over to Kakashi. "Fang, you go with Kiba and Akamaru." The other child of Ace shared the same look before going over to Kiba. "Rain, you're with Naruto." The white wolf huffed before joining the blond, a small smile formed on my face as I knew Naruto would be okay with her. "Kim, sorry but you're going without Scar today, you're with Shino. Scar, you will be with Sakura. Old man wolf, you're gonna be with Sai, go easy on him. Ace, Melendy, you two are with me today."

Ace and Melendy nodded and stood at my sides as two of Kakashi's hounds walked over to me. 'You're Yuki, right?" One asked, ignoring the harsh looks from Ace and Melendy.