38. LITTLE LOVE (NEWT X READER)

A/N: Here you go, love! This is set in the Safe Haven. Newt and Y/N are in their early twenties.

Newt stares down at his baby girl, an awestruck smile tugging at the corners of his lips as she stares back at him with wide, curious eyes. She’s tucked perfectly in the crook of his arm, head supported against his chest as he rocks her gently. He takes one of her tiny hands & kisses it, murmurs against her chubby little knuckles, “Hi, precious girl.” 

She giggles at that, sticks her little tongue out & squeals happily.

Newt stares into her bright eyes, marvels at how similar they are to Y/N’s. “You’re just as beautiful as your mum, little love.”

He kisses her forehead, smiles wide when her little hands touch his cheeks & lightly tug at his ears, his hair. 

“I never thought I’d have this.” he says to her softly. “Never thought I’d make it out of the glade, let alone find someone like your mum & get to have a family with her.”

The little girl tilts her head to the side, listening intently to his every word though she can’t understand them.

“You’re such a gift, sweetheart. Your mum & I love you with all our hearts & we always, always will.”

“That’s right.”

Newt can’t help but smile at the sound of Y/N’s voice, at the feel of her hugging him from behind, her forehead pressed to the space between his shoulder blades. 

The baby girl giggles excitedly at the sound of her mama’s voice. 

“Hey, you.” Newt says over his shoulder with a lovesick grin.

“Hey, you.”

“Shouldn’t you be resting, love?”

“I was.” Y/N says, moving to gaze down at her beaming baby daughter. “But I missed my two favorite people.” She caresses the baby’s cheek with the pad of her thumb, strokes her forehead & tickles her toes. “She’s so beautiful, Newt.”

“I know. I still can’t believe she’s real, that she’s ours.” Newt looks to Y/N with tears brimming in his chocolate brown eyes. His voice cracks as he says, “Thank you for making me a dad, love. For giving me everything I thought I’d never get to have.”

On the verge of tears herself, Y/N cups Newt’s neck & kisses him tenderly. “Thank you for making me a mom.”

Cr: Tumblr