197. Originality Is Cliché Pt. 1

Newt Au| 'Bad boy'

( Reader ) P.O.V.

Moving. That's all my life seems to be anymore. Mom is constantly being relocated by her job and I'm happy that she's enjoying it but I'm not. I don't even have any friends because we never stick around long enough.

As we pull up to our new suburban house, I wrinkle my nose at the idea of moving all of our stuff in only to pack it up in the near future.

I slam the car door shut and pull my hoodie from my head, along with my earbuds. "Isn't this exciting, sweetie?!" Mom squeals, very excited about being somewhere new.

With a tight lipped smile, I nod at her before following into the house. It really is a beautiful home and I do love moving to new scenery but I just wish I could make some friends. It gets lonely, to be honest.

I climb the stairs and peek through doors, familiarizing myself with the layout of my new home. When I find the upstairs bedroom, I throw my backpack down and shout to mom. "I call dibs on this one!!" I hear her groan.

"You didn't even give me a chance!" She whines and I just laugh. "I guess I'll let you have it since I got dibs last time."

Now the fun begins; actually moving everything in.

We don't have a whole bunch of things but we have essentials and a few keepsakes. Mom tells me that she'll start unpacking if I can gather the rest of the boxes up and bring them inside.

Most of it, I can just pick up with my hands but I use the dolly to cart some of them inside. Towards the end, I start stacking boxes onto the metal contraption when I hear a motorcycle pull up next door.

Huh, must be one of our neighbors. Their face is covered by a helmet as they slide off the black bike. Once the helmet is removed, I see a blonde haired boy around my age. He's wearing a black leather jacket over his tall and slim figure.

His eyes catch mine and I offer a closed lipped smile. He continues to stare at me but I'm not sure for how long since I hear Mom call for me. Quickly, I shut the car door and cart the boxes up and inside the house.

All I know is; that was a weird first impression of my neighbor. On both of our ends, actually. I'm just not good with communicating. Stupid lack of a social lure.

Choosing to move the thought to the back of my mind, I begin opening up boxes and organizing them based on where they belong.

It has been almost a week since we've moved into the house and Mom has been super busy with her job, leaving me at home alone in the process. Which is fine, I just wish I had more things to do.

I'm home-schooled so I don't have to go through the embarrassing process of being the 'new kid' in class. Yup, I'm just a girl who stays in her house 24/7. I've pretty much watched everything on Netflix 3x over at this point.

Deciding to explore, I head out the back door and into the shade of our backyard. It's still light outside but it'll be dark in about an hour. The spring breeze is nice and I decide to unfold a lawn chair to rest on.

That's when I see the neighbor from the other day run out his back door, looking around wide eyed. Mom said he's the type of boy that girls would go nuts over, the 'bad boy' of a small suburban town. I'm not quite convinced of this and I don't like to assume.