185. They Know (Newt x Reader)

Character: Newt

Fandom: Maze Runner

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader

Title: They Know

Newt and Y/N smiled to each other as they passed by doing their jobs in the Glade. 

Minho was outside the Map Room with Thomas, relaxing as they had just arrived from their run and finished mapping their section.

“You see those shuck faces?” Minho asked Thomas, nudging him to get his attention.

The boy didn’t even have to look to know what he was talking about.

“Y/N and Newt” It wasn’t a question.

“They get on my nerves, dude!” Minho exclaimed, motioning him to start walking to the Kitchens to get something to eat and get their strength back after their day on the Maze.

Thomas smiled in amusement as he followed his friend into Frypan’s kitchen.

“Yeah, they would make a perfect couple”

“Those two again?” Fry joined the conversation as he gave them some food, subtly glaring towards the second in command and the only girl in the Glade.

They all loved Y/N. She was sweet, shy and just plain adorable. And she was nice to everyone.

They all loved Newt as well. He was a good second in command. He was caring, firm and kind.

And overall, they loved them together. As a couple.

“Yeah, man” Minho took the food and handed Thomas his part.

Everyone in the Glade had noticed the little glares Newt threw Y/N and how she would always blush and smile shyly at him in response.

“She is completely clueless” Frypan shook his head in defeat. “Have you tried telling her?”

“Subtlety doesn’t work” Thomas muttered as he took a huge bite of his bacon sandwich.

“She’s too naïve to understand the hints I give her” Minho rolled his eyes and wolfed down his sandwich while Thomas wasn’t even halfway through it.

“Just tell her he loves her and throw her into his arms” Chuck sat next to his friend Thomas.

“Since you shanks won’t stop talking about it” Gally appeared next to them with his usual unfriendly expression. “I have an idea”

*

Thomas was chatting with Newt, performing his part of the plan.

“Y/N is so bloody cute, look at her” Newt whispered to himself when he thought Thomas couldn’t hear him. “She’s just lovely”

“What was that, Newt?” Thomas heard him perfectly, but he found it amusing how Newt changed while she was around.

He’d just act all shy and coy whenever Y/N was anywhere close.