150. Bonfire flames

Bonfire flames

Summary: The gladers are throwing a bonfire for the greenie, Thomas, while tension grows between reader and Newt. A very drunk Gally suggest a game of dares and things get heated between reader and newt.

If this gets at least 50 notes I’ll do a part two, including  lots of smut;)

Warnings: swearing, fluff, Smut a bit idk? 

The warmth radiating from the gigantic cracking fire infront of you was tickling your soft skin and it slowly cured your goosebumps. Loud jeers and whoots were blurring into more of a senseless daze as the boys surrounding you got deeper and deeper into an intoxicated state. Even though you were inside this hellhole, for once, everyone looked remotely happy. It’s like they’d forgotten where you are, that you’re trapped and you have no escape.

It seemed as if you were a bunch of ‘normal’ teenagers. However, you could hardly say normal…Because this is the only thing you know.

Bonfire nights are always your favourite. Usually they only occour when a greenie arrives from the box; recently, they’ve become more of a common occasion as the boys enjoy drinking Gallys mixture way more than they should. Tonight is all about having fun, getting rediculously drunk to the point where you all plan to forget your own names and celebrating the arrival of the greenbean, Thomas.

You sat alone, your body proped heavily against a large wooden log. All the boys were either dancing, fighting(friendly of course) or aimlessly talking about things that would be irrelivent in the morning. All exept one.

Newt.

Second in command, next to alby. Gorgeous hair, gorgeous face, gorgeous eyes and a flawless smile that melts your heart everytime.

He sat almost directly across from you at the otherside of the fire. You didnt realise but while thinking of him, you were staring directly in his direction through the flickering of the orange flames. He nodded at you, raised his glass and flashed his checky smirk at you.

Shit! He saw you looking, staring even. You quickly dropped your gaze as you felt your cheeks burning red. For the next few minutes you focused only on your drink, not looking at anyone else at the bonfire. Out of curiostiy, you shot a glance Newts way to see him seductivly staring at you. He winked at you.

Shit. He saw you looking, again. The tension between you and him grew stronger every second, his eyes looking ready to take all of you. 

Just as you were getting lost, deeper and deeper in to his milky eyes, your bestfriend Minho came and slouched beside you. He became your distraction, but not a good one.

It was obvious he had too much to drink and you could smell the alcohol on his breath. He leaned in closer to you and began tangling his fingers in your hair. Staring deeply into your eyes, whispering sweet words, then he leaned in to kiss you. 

“woah Minho.” you yelped, instantly pulling away.

“what?(Y/N), baby… I just want you so much.” He slurred, almost breathless

You couldnt be more shocked or scared about what your bestfriend just said to you. You know he didnt mean it, he was just drunk out of his mind. You felt totally embaressed.

In panic you looked over to where Newt was sat. Hopefully he didnt see any of that but his angry emotion coated his face clearly, his grip on his glass had clenched and his blood was boiling.

Was this because of me? you thaught. Had You really made him that angry? Maybe he did actually really like you.

You turned back to where Minho was sat, but he was gone. Gally had took his place, his elbow digging deep into your ribs.