104. In Time||Jojen Reed

A/N: Jojen is 17+

A/N: Jojen is 17+

His sister had called him silly to believe that he was truly in love with someone he had not met in real life, but the Sight of her was something that told Jojen that this young woman was something for herself.

Her (Hair color) colored hair that hung loosely around her face, her (Skin color) that looked smooth and soft. But that was only the few things Jojen had fallen for her, but the real thing was her eyes. (Light/Dark) (Eye color) eyes, they looked straight into his soul - without her knowledge that she had that power over him.

He had tried to explain it to his beloved sister, and every time she would look pained about the subject. However, after they had stumbled upon the young woman Jojen had his Sight about - Meera, had changed her view upon the subject. 

But, the young woman with the (Light/Dark) (Eye color) eyes, had only seen Jojen once in her dream. She had not thought any longer about the strange dream, thinking it was no reason to it - that had made Jojen almost heartbroken.

He had tried everything in his power to get her to show something, even a small smile towards him. But her eyes, those lovely shade of (Light/Dark) (Eye color) eyes, had only looked at him like he was a creature she could not stand.

He knew that it was not easy for her, as Meera had given the task upon herself to send the lovely young woman death glares every second of the day. Everytime she opened her mouth, Meera would shut her up with one cold look.

Jojen soon started to think that he had only seen what may happen, if he managed to get his beloved (Your name) to fall for him. But at the moment, it only seemed that his love was one-sided.

You could feel the cold glare from Meera Reed, the older sister to the boy that walked beside her. His moss green eyes were focused on the forest ground, a pained look covered his face - you did not need to look to know that. 

Every time you were to turn around, your eyes would pick up his pained look. Even Barn would not look at you. The kind boy that had once always wanted to hear stories about your household, but now - the interest had faded away.

Perhaps you should have never roamed the forest, on the hunt for food for your tribe? With a silent sigh, you pulled your hood over your head and stepped off the path. No one made a word to you, as you stopped dead in your tracks.

The leather boots that covered your feet sunk into the wet grass. You could see the mud and water had mixed together, making it look some kind of goo. The sky had opened up, letting out small drops of rain - it looked like it was hovering in the air. Your cloak was covered in the small raindrops, you lifted your head to the side and saw that your group had almost walked away from you.

You knew perfectly why. You had rejected Jojen Reed, however, you had no idea what had been between the two of you. Friends, perhaps - but when you voiced out that statement, Jojen’s moss green eyes darkened even more. 

(Your name).” You spun around at the sound of your name, not believing that he had stayed behind. Dark circles underneath his eyes, a clear sign that he had not one of the restful nights, his skin paler than usual. “Jojen.” You breathed out, the said person blinked and stepped backwards.

You stood rotten to the spot, not knowing what to do. Jojen blinked once again, his moss green eyes showed clear pain in his eyes. 

In a split second you felt your own heart break at that sight. You swallowed, breathed out and felt the small raindrops hovering in the air. “Why ... Stop?” You made no sense, as Jojen blinked confusedly at you. 

You breathed in and out, shook your head and pulled the hood even further over your head. You could not continue being the reason Jojen looked like this, Meera had at first only explained that the visions of the Sight took its tools on him - but after every attempt that he did with you, to gain your attention he had became worse. 

He would not eat or drink, it had come to that point that Meera needed to take him away and almost force feed him. 

“I cannot do this.” You whispered, not knowing why you felt weak. Why you wanted to give up. Perhaps just to end the guilt to eat you alive? You were no Lady, no feminine woman that would wear dresses or eat elegantly.

Jojen stepped forward, his hands reached out towards you - his fingers wrapped themselves around your wrist. Your hands were still holding on to the edges of your hood, your (Eye color) eyes widen as you lifted your gaze up. 

“Please, (Your name) ... Don’t leave me,” you looked into his moss green eyes, and you choked on your own saliva. “Jojen.” You breathed out, as in the corner of your eye you could see that Meera had stopped and had her eyes focused on the two of you.

However, she did not movements to stop Jojen from doing what he was doing. 

The Greensight gifted young man stepped closer, this close he had never been to you before. You could see it clear in his eyes, he was nervous about it - however, you loosened your grip on the edges of your hood. Intertwined your fingers with his, the poor heir of the Reed household’s eyes widen. His moss green eyes focused on your (Eye color) eyes.

“Tell me.” You whispered towards him, a flash of pain went through his eyes. However, you leaned forward and than your noses were touching. “Tell me what this means,” you started, titled your head slightly to the side. Jojen half closed his eyes. “- when my heart cannot stop beating at the sight of you, is unnormal speed makes my chest hurt.” 

Jojen closed the gap between the two of you. He tilted his head slightly as well, deepened the kiss you two shared. His left hand pulled away from your own hand, but wrapped itself around your waist. Pulled you towards his own body. 

He tightened his hold around you, but you two were soon interrupted by Jojen’s own sister. “Hey - you two! We need to keep moving!” However, Jojen did not heed her words. He dipped you slightly backwards, a silent moan felt your throat - as you placed your free hand against his chest.

“Jojen - stop.” You breathed out. Meera and the others had their eyes focused on Jojen, not believing that he had forgiven you that easily - your (Eye color) eyes were wide and held confusion, however, Jojen only swallowed and tilted his head slightly forward. 

Jojen pushed you slowly back onto the right direction, towards the others. 

Perhaps in time he would tell you about the Sight he had about you. In time, you would know and perhaps like it - but for now, you would only show the affection you had disclaimed for Jojen.

He had always been in your thoughts, no matter what.