47. I Like You Better When You're Fucking Me||Smut||Part II

Sunlight spilled into the room and spilled onto your face, forcing you to squint against the warm light as you slowly came to consciousness. Warm, strong arms wrapped around your waist and your back was pressed against someone's muscled chest. For a second, you were completely confused. You shot up in the bed, yanking free of whoever had a hold on you.

The first things that your eyes landed on were the drawings and diagrams all over the floor. Chicken scrawl covered the pages, pens were scattered all over the ground. The entire scene, though messy, was incredible comforting.

You relaxed, instantly remembering everything that had happened the last night. A warm feeling of happiness washed through your body. Newt was yours again. You were his.

"You alright, (y/n)?" Newt sat up slowly and cautiously, as if he thought any fast movements would scare you away.

You turned to face him. "I love you."

Instantly, all of the worry drained from his face and the same expression of happiness on your face took over his. "I'm glad," was all he said. "It would've been awkward if it was just me."

You laughed, the feeling coming as a surprise because you hadn't done so in so long. Newt wrapped his arms around you once more. You wanted to stay here, safe and happy, but it wasn't something that was possible in the maze. "We have jobs to do," you murmured quietly into Newt's neck.

"I know. Just...just stay here for a little while." Newt's hold on you tightened ever so slightly, his voice breaking. "Please."

You melted against him, your resolve disappearing with his soft words. "Okay."

The two of you finally left Newt's room after breakfast, and everyone knew what had happened.

Minho, your closest friend in the Glade, was not afraid to call you out on it. You jogged towards the doors of the Maze next to him in silence, waiting for him to make a snarky remark.

"Shuck, (y/n), next time, could you be a bit quieter? I could've lived a happy life without hearing you and limpy boy bumping nasties all night. I definitely could have done without the screams." Minho shot you a grin over his shoulder.

You shook your head. "I hope a griever stings ya, Minho, It'd be a long time coming."

Minho laughed raucously. "At least you still got something in you after last night. From all of the noises we heard, we weren't sure you'd be able to walk today." He shuddered. "It was actually traumatizing. Please, and I mean this in the least disrespectful way, be a little bit quieter. Chuck has been buggin' us with questions all day about why you were screaming bloody murder last night and we've all been making up dumpy ass lies. Hell, I had to use the "wrestling" metaphor. He's getting suspicious, and none of us want to give him the talk, you know?'

Red rushed straight to your cheeks. "Chuck heard?" You manage to squeak.

Minho shook his head. "Everyone heard." He patted you on the back reassuringly. "Don't worry though, it sounded like you were satisfied." You glanced over at Minho in time to see the smile on his face drop a bit. "Does Newt really think that I was trying to, you know, get you?" The teasing tone had completely left his voice, and he sounded almost vulnerable. "I mean he and Thomas are my best friends and I don't-I don't want him thinking that. He should know."

You bit your lip and shook your head. "I think he was just angry that I ended it with him and placed all the blame on him." To be honest, you didn't exactly know what Newt thought. But you trusted in his friendship with Minho and Thomas.

Minho nodded. "I hope so." The mocking smile returned to his face. "Race you, shuck-face!"

"Get 'im, Minnie!" You screamed with laughter as Minho circled Gally in the center of the ring. He hopped from foot to foot comically, adding in the occasional grunt. Newt laughed from beside you.