164. It's a Buggin' Girl- Part 10

“Looks like (Y/N/N)’s got a new boy toy!” Gally sneered at you and Newt sitting together by the bonfire. 

You scoffed, “’New’?!” 

“Gally c’mon, mate, that one didn’t even make sense.” Newt shook his head, turning to you, “He isn’t known for his smarts love….. or his looks.” 

Gally rolled his eyes and walked away, both you and Newt burst out laughing. Back when you’d first come to the Glade, you’d been so angry. You’d wanted so badly to hurt those who’d wronged you and those who put you there in the first place. But now you were confident. With Newt you were able to shrug off Gally’s teasing, and maybe even let go of the past. 

“So, was he right?” Newt leaned over to brush a lock of hair from your shoulder, “Am I the boy toy.” 

You’re not a boy toy, silly.” 

“Glad to hear it,” Even in the low light, his eyes seemed to darken, “Then what am I to you?” 

Oh god, was he really going to make you say it? A few more moments of silence and you knew he was. 

“You’re……” You stumbled for the right words, “Important.” 

God, you’re so in love with me.” Newt grinned and you hit his shoulder, “Shut up! I’m being serious. Why did you make me say it you shank?” 

“Because you’re important to me to me too, love.” 

You smiled softly in the firelight. God, it was nice to hear him say it. Although being told you were ‘important’ could mean anything, if he meant it in the way you had then you knew how he felt. 

“’Pretty sure you’re just using me to get out of work and hang out in the Medjack tent.” You winked, but he just rolled his eyes and leaned in, “Come here, beautiful.” 

You knew this wasn’t love, it wasn’t anything close to it, yet you couldn’t resist. His lips brushed against yours, not innocently, like a tease. But you’d had enough of this little game the two of you were playing. Gripping his cheek, you felt him smile into your lips.  

Before the two of you could go further, you heard the distinct sound of Minho whooping from behind, “WOOOOOO! You finally got the girl, ya shank!” 

Newt pulled away, “Bugger off, Minho.” 

“What? I’m just saying I’m proud of you two, that’s all!” He sat down, slinging an arm around both of your shoulders. 

“I knew you’d been crushing on him since day once, (Y/N/N)” He winked. 

“Don’t make a spectacle out of it, ya shank!” You squished his cheeks and he pulled away with a groan, “Alright, alright, good that.” 

You stole a glance at Newt, who was smiling in the same, idiotic way you were.