155. It's a Buggin' Girl

It’s a Buggin’ Girl

Pairing: Newt x badass!reader
Warnings: swearing, angst, badass!reader, violence 
Summary: (Y/N)’s new to the Glade- the only problem? She’s a girl. Oh, and she has WCKD tattooed in bold, black letters just below her jaw. Mistrust runs deep when your life could end with the flip of a switch, and you’re trapped in an enormous Maze with no way out. Can she adjust to her new life, along with the mysterious boy named Newt, or will everything go wrong just as it always does?

Lights flashes on and off as you felt yourself being hurdled upwards. Banging your hand against the metal walls, you realized you were in a cage. The sick feeling in your stomach only worsened- there was no way out. 

“HEY!” You screamed and banged your fist against the wall again, “LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!” 

You hit until your hand was sore and throbbing, but that cage still wouldn’t budge. Those god damn walls had you trapped, and you felt yourself starting to panic. How do I get out? How do I get out? How do I get out? You chorused, forcing your breathing to steady. 

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you decided to look at it, the box stopped…. and you were met with a blinding white light. 

Were you dead? Was the box just a feverish nightmare before the end? You wondered as the scene before you started to fill in. Blinking, you saw you were still in that god damn cage. 

It all looked very different in the light though, and you found the barrels surrounding you were filled with food, water and blankets- not the torture devices you’d imagined on the way up. 

“Hey, Newt, what is it?” You heard a male voice from above the box’s rim, “Shucking hurry up will ya?” 

“It’s, it’s,” Your gaze darted to the boy in front of you, whom you hadn’t noticed before, locking your terrified eyes to his, “It’s a girl.” 

He stared at you in shock, actually taking a step back from where you were sitting, knees hugged to your chest, “It’s a buggin’ girl.” 

“A girl? No way in hell, get your shuckin’ eyes checked, Newt.” Various murmurs erupted from the crowd that had gathered above. 

Each one of them peered down at you with the same confused face- each one of them a boy. Oh god, were you the only girl there? Your heart dropped at the possibility. 

“Who the hell are you?!” You stood up and pressed your back into the corner of the box, trying to get as far away from this Newt boy as possible, “Where the hell am I?!” 

“Hey, calm down, love.” He put a hand up and you flinched, “Don’t fucking touch me.” 

“It’s okay, we’re not gonna hurt yo-” 

But before he could finish his sentence, another boy jumped down from above and landed beside him, “Yeah we are gonna hurt her- she’s with WCKD- look at her neck, just below the jaw.” 

He put a hand to your throat but you slapped it away, “I said don’t touch me.” 

“Gally, Gally, let’s not freak her out, huh?” Newt put a hand to his chest, turning to you this time, “Would you mind if I looked at your jaw?”