107. Beyond the wall|| Jojen Reed

Cold hands wrapped around your arms, dragging you along with them

Cold hands wrapped around your arms, dragging you along with them. You tried to scream but the second you opened your mouth something was stuffed into it, preventing you from doing so.  When the relentless grip on your arm suddenly loosened, you stumbled forward, hitting the ground with a whimper of pain.   When you looked up, you meet the eyes of a boy, driving a dagger through your kidnappers' neck. There were voices, others, he hadn't been alone. Quickly, he grabs your hand and pulls you with him. 
-  "I'm Meera Reed, this is my brother Jojen." The girl explains after you had fled the village together. She nods in the other direction, "This is Bran and Hodor."  "Thank you all for saving me."  "Jojen did."  You turn to thank him but he's already on his feet again, starting to walk further north. They had told you they were going beyond the wall, you didn't believe it at first. Why would anyone want to go there? It was a place filled with monsters, if you believed the old stories. Even if you didn't, the Wildlings were real for sure.  "We need to leave, there is still a long way ahead."   Meera looks at you in a questioning way, waiting for a decision. You could go with them… There wouldn't be many more opportunities like this, a chance to see a place only the Night's Watch dared to enter. You would go with them even if it was only to satisfy your own curiosity.  -  The north was always cold but beyond the wall it was freezing. You could feel your bones hurting with every step and were thankful when you found a small cave to rest for the night.  As you sat down, leaning against the wall, your thoughts wandered to Jojen. He had saved you, cared enough not to leave you behind and yet he had hardly spoken a word to you. It almost seemed like he didn't like you but that wasn't true either. Whenever you looked at him he smiled back, shared his food with you and even gave you his coat once you starting shaking like a leaf.  You heard your name being called, clouds of fog preventing you from seeing anything around. A hand gently stroked your cheek and when you looked up, you saw Jojen, whispering to you.  "I love you."  Shaking your head, you sit up straight, banishing the pictures of your dream. You shouldn't stare at him so much, he was working his way into your thoughts and you caught yourself blushing whenever you took a quick glance.  -  "Hey…" You feel a hand on your shoulder, turning around to come face to face with Jojen.  You smile nervously, "Hello."  "You haven't answered me yet."  "I'm sorry…? Did you ask me a question?"  You were confused. When did you talk to him? You really couldn't remember. Had the cold frozen your brain already.  "Well…" He gives you a shy smile, "I told you that I love you, remember now?"  Your brows furrow for a moment before you remember your dream. But he couldn't mean that, how would he know about something like that. On the other hand, there was really nothing else you could think of.  "That was…real?"  "It was."  You start smiling and embrace him in a tight hug, hands crossed behind his neck. Your flustered face was buried against his shoulder, in a week attempt to hide your red face.