132. A Day in The Glade || Monthly Visitor

Summary: Second insert for the “A Day in The Glade” series

Summary: Second insert for the “A Day in The Glade” series. The reader’s monthly visitor comes along, ruining her day. But not on Newt’s watch.

Newt wrapped his muscular arms around you and was about to pull you closer to him when he smelled something peculiarly familiar.

Blood.

Exposure to injuries in the Maze - especially the one that got him a limp - had his nose accustomed to the smell of salt and rust for a long while.

Newt wouldn't be all panicky if you weren't beside him. He sat up immediately, searching your upper body for any bleeding spots. Then, he spotted a blood stain on the sheets near your lower back. Oh. Newt exhaled in relief, his hand against his rapidly throbbing chest. Then he took action.

"Y/N, love," Newt shook you gently, giving your cheek butterfly kisses.

You hummed in acknowledgement and stretched before answering. "Is it Wake-Up already?"

"No, it's still pretty early." He replied in whispers. "I just need you to stand up for a bit. You can go sleep on the chair for a while if you like."

"Why?" you pout a little, which dissolves immediately when met by Newt’s lips.

“Well, love, I hate to break it to you, but you’re buggin’ monthly visitor’s come to check on you,” Newt smiled as you grumble, getting off the bed and on the big comfy chair Newt asked from the Creators when he got sick and he didn’t want you to catch it – but he didn’t want you to leave either. And, yes, he was the one who stayed in it.

“I’m sorry you have to do that,” you sigh, wincing at the daggers stabbing your lower abdomen, tears threatening to fall at the pain.

Newt shushed you, focused on his work. You watched his muscles flex whenever he lifts the sheet up higher, finally getting rid of it, muttering to himself that he should wash it today, since he doubted any of the Sloppers would be willing to wash it.

Once the sheets were replaced, he turned to you. “Wanna get back in, love?”

You puffed some air out. “I don’t think so, Newt. I feel like hell down there.” You felt guilty that Newt was obligated to deal with this time of the month, and you felt even worse when you saw how well he seems to take it. You embrace yourself tighter, willing the pain to go away.

“That bad?” Newt frowned, joining you in the armchair. He sat down and lay your head on his lap, and you instinctively curl yourself up in a ball, your face buried in Newt’s stomach.

“It hurts.” You mumbled, breathing in his scent.

“Shh.” Newt brushed stray locks away from your face. “Don’t move too much, it’ll be over soon.”

He continued stroking your hair until Minho almost too harshly opened the door.

“Newt, the Doors are gonna o- oh.” Minho stopped mid-step, taking in the scene. “She alright?”

Minho was the big brother you never had. He always knew if you were okay or not just by how you walk, talk or act. And he made sure no one got in the way of you and your happiness.

“No.”

You realized that Newt will probably ask Minho to run alone, which was incredibly dangerous. So you speak up as loudly as you can handle. “Newt, it’s alright. Just get me to Clint. Please.”

“You sure?” He looked at you, pure worry in his hazel orbs.

You nodded adamantly, instinctively clinging to his neck as he stood up, Minho opening the door for him.

Newt sat you down beside Clint, who was sorting out medicine. “Anything I can do, chief?”

Clint smiled at Newt, who rolled his eyes.

“I’ll delegate you after the authorities present beat me up.” He smiled sweetly, and Minho smirked.

“We better get going, Newt.” Minho knelt next to your seat. He watched Newt kiss you soundly, tell you to take care and head out.

“Come on, Min.”

“Don’t make her tire herself, shank.” Minho glanced at Clint before wrapping his arms around you. “And you. Don’t do anything stupid that could give your boyfriend a heart attack.”

You smiled at him. “You know I try, Min.” you winked.

“See you later, princess.” Minho waved before shutting the door.

“Looks like you got their hands full, Y/N,” Clint said, not looking up from his notes.

“Yeah, well, I do tend to be a magnet for trouble.” You said sheepishly.

Clint’s reply got cut short when Jeff entered the room. “Just caught lover boy and Minho on the way, they just got in the Maze,” he informed. “Newt told me to make you take this.” He gave you a pill. Probably painkillers.

“Thanks.” You muttered.

Except Chuck and a few Slicers, the Med-Jack hut stayed relatively silent until the runners came back to see you in a better state.

“Looks like the Runners will be back soon.” Chuck mentioned as Jeff treated his knee cut.

You stood up immediately, only to pause once your lower abdomen started wringing itself.

“Stay put, Y/N, they’ll come here first for sure.” Jeff warned, finishing Chuck’s cut.

As if on cue, Newt came barging in the door. “You better?”

You nodded slightly, not having the energy to smile. He was about to carry you back to his room when you stopped him. “You must be tired. I’ll walk back.”

His face said it all. He was tired, especially with his limp bothering him. But he was going to force himself anyway, limp and all. You cursed silently when Minho interjected.

“I’ll carry her, shank. Don’t kill yourself.” Minho pushed Newt aside and scooped you up in his arms effortlessly.

Once Minho left you lying on the bed and Newt about to join you, you stopped him. “I must look and smell like klunk right now,” you whined. Newt was all cleaned up, and you haven’t showered since the other day.

“Nonsense, love, c’mere.” You shoved him away, repeating your reason.

“I swear, you’ll get all dirty and stinky and you’ll have to shower again.”
“Then we’ll shower together. All the more reason…” He wrapped his arms around you tightly.

“You’re disgusting.” You wrinkled your nose.

Newt chuckled. “Off to the shower, then,”

While Newt was undressing you, you watched him guiltily. Not only was he the acting leader of the Glade, but he also had to deal with you.

“Newt?”

Newt looked up and smiled. “Yes, love?”

You ignored the growing pain in your lower region and clenched yourself to him. “Thank you. So much. I never felt more safe anywhere than with you.”

Surprised at the sudden gesture, he placed his arm under your butt and across your back to support you both, laughing in amusement. “Always, darling.” He nuzzled his nose in the crook of your neck. “You’ll be safe and happy as long as I’m breathing.”

And Newt spent the rest of the late afternoon washing dirt and grime off your hair. The perfect picture of romance.