179. Freebies | Newt

A/N: hey guys so here’s another original of mine :) i’m pretty sure all the ladies out there are gonna relate to this am i right ladies. P.S. the gif idk i thought it was funny bc it’s funny how guys portray us when we’re on our periods idk just enjoy the story :))   

Pairing: Reader x Newt

Warnings: boys getting scared over mother nature

Being a girl sucks. Period.

Being the only person with a vagina among 50 other guys also sucks.

Being the only girl in the Glade that has to go through a period every month sucks the most

It also meant feminine products were the most scariest thing ever. According to the Gladers.

And lord behold, you are now on your period.

Having you period was the worst thing ever. Since you were the only girl, the other Gladers would  scratch their heads at times when you were on it.

The first time you got it, you had a vague idea about it, but you weren’t sure. That ended up hanging out with the Med-jacks for a full week. Even to this day, a bunch of the Gladers get the heebie-jeebies at the slightest mention of it.

And now you were moping around, clutching your stomach, praying that you don’t bleed to death.

You walk over to the med-jacks place and see Clint organizing some supplies.

“Yo Clint!” you groaned, “is there any more… products… left?”

“There’s only a few left, Y/N,” Clint said, “the Box will come sooner today. Until then, hang around for a bit.”

You bit your lip to force back a choke.

“Do I have to?” you groaned as you flopped down on a bed.

“I’m afraid so, Y/N,” Clint responded, “what if you get harsh pains ”

“Then I die,” you simply said.

It was nice that you got to hang out and not work, but it also sucked. You were planning to hang out with Newt in the gardens.

You kept denying it, but there was no doubt that you’ve gotten close to Newt the past year. He was a real nice guy, and you couldn’t help but developing a slight crush on him.

But of course, you had no clue if he ever liked you back. And it wasn’t kinda allowed, either. Ever since you came through the Box, Alby has made it very clear that relationships were not allowed on any circumstances. Serves the Gladers right for staring too long when you do something.

The alarm signaling the supply box coming up rang. You mentally rejoiced in your head; you can finally cry alone in your room.

You broke into a run towards but was stopped short because Clint got a hold of your shirt.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Clint demanded.

“To go get my pads, where else?” you sassed.

“I don’t think so,” Clint started, “You’re not well and it’s hot out. You can get heat stroke,”