44. BUT I CAN (NEWT X READER)

Request: Fluffy Newt X Reader where Newt overhears Y/n gushing about how much she is in love with him. And Newt having the same feelings walks over to her and kisses her in front of everyone? Please

"Minho...I don't even know how to explain it." Y/N says, a deep blush working its way up her neck. "He's just...I just..."

"You're in loooooooove, shank." Minho teases, ruffling her hair.

"Yeah." Y/N says with a sigh, her cheeks now crimson. "I think I am."

"You think?"

"No." Y/N corrects herself. "I know I am. I can feel it. Every time I see him...every time he looks at me ... oh god, I can't feel this way, Minho, he's my best friend!"

"Hey! What about me??"

"Okay, he's my other best friend."

"What about Thomas?"

"Okaaaaay, fine. He's one of my three best friends." Y/N buries her flushed face in her hands. "I can't lose him, Minho." she whimpers against her palms.

"You won't lose him, Y/N." Minho says, pulling her into a side hug. "You could never lose him."

"How do you know?" Y/N says, her voice more vulnerable than Minho's ever heard it. "You can't promise that."

"But I can."

Y/N can't help but gasp at the sudden voice. She turns around to see Newt standing in the doorway, a sweet, knowing smile on his face.

"Newt." Y/N breathes, wide-eyed, an ineffable sense of panic leashing her lungs. "What are you...h-how long...h-how much did you hear?"

"Enough to know that you feel the same way I do." Newt says with an elated smile as he strides across the room, gently grabs Y/N's face, & presses his lips to hers. Despite the shock, Y/N doesn't hesitate to kiss back. She instinctively wraps her arms around Newt's neck, smiling against his soft lips. She can't help but melt at the feeling of his hands against her flushed cheeks - cradling them, caressing them.

When the need for air becomes too much, Newt & Y/N break the kiss, slowly & very reluctantly. "You'll never lose me, love." Newt whispers breathlessly, running his thumb along Y/N's kiss-swollen lips. "I can promise you that."

Just as Y/N's about to respond, Minho yells, "THEY FINALLY KISSED!!"

"OH, THANK GOD!" Thomas shouts from out in the hall.

Cr: Tumblr