50. Newt - special||Fluff

Word count: 564
Summary: Reader needs someone to make her feel special, and Newt is the only person that can make her feel special.
Warnings: mention of anxiety for crowds, but other than that only fluff

The gladers were having a party tonight. You didn't tell Newt, but you were actually shitting your pants every time someone seemed to walk over to you. He had stalked off to get something to drink and then you lost sight of him. You tried not to panic as you were stuck in between a lot of bodies. You felt like your world was spinning and you felt your lungs tighten. You tried to stay calm but you could only think about getting out of this place. You felt like a lot of people were staring at you or scowling at you for accidentally bumping into them as you were desperately trying to get outside of the way too crowdy tent.

You were glad to see the exit as you stumbled out into the open and breathed in the cool night air. After a few minutes you steadied your breathing.  You were craving Newt's company, but didn't want to go back inside. But you also didn't want to be alone right now. You sighed heavily and dropped your head in your hands after sitting down on the grass.

You suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder and you looked up to see Newt looking down on you frowning. He sat down next to you and took your hand in his while wrapping his arm around you, pulling you into his side. You sighed again and leaned your head against his chest.

"Weren't you enjoying the feast, love?" he asked as he gently stroked your hair.

"No, actually," you said honestly. He frowned and asked you to explain why not. "I don't like crowds, they make me feel like I am suffocating. I was terrified and needed some air."

"You should have told me before we left (y/n). We could have just stayed inside our tent," Newt said.

You were glad he didn't yell at you or think you were just being annoying, because a lot of people you knew had done that before. You felt like someone finally understood you and that made you feel so loved.

"I know Newt, I'm sorry. I didn't want to ruin your mood, so I just came along."

"You can tell me anything. I'd rather spend my time with you than with anyone else (y/n)," Newt said as he lifted up your hands and placed a few kisses on them, being the gentleman he is. "Come on then, let's get out here. I wasn't really enjoying the party either anyways. How about we take a little walk and watch the stars tonight?" he suggested as he raised his eyebrows, making you giggle and nod your head.

"Newt?" you spoke up after a few minutes of silence. He hummed in response and sent a sweet smile your way. "Thank you for always having my back, you have no idea how much it means to me. You make me happy, and I am so thankful for that," you said truthfully.

"(y/n), why do you think I stick by you all the time? I love you and as long as I am alive, I would do anything to see your beautiful smile," Newt said as he wrapped his arms around your waist, kissing your forehead.

You could definitely get used to this, you thought to yourself as you wrapped your own arms around his waist and nestled yourself into his chest.

Cr: Tumblr