94. Newt||Fluff

When hope starts to fade and survival becomes a fantasy rather than a strategy, the values we build ourselves upon start to crumble into pieces of broken belief and lost dreams

When hope starts to fade and survival becomes a fantasy rather than a strategy, the values we build ourselves upon start to crumble into pieces of broken belief and lost dreams. The minute you start to lose hope is the minute tensions start to run high and you project your worries on to those around you. It is human nature at its worst hour.   You sit underneath of the fallen ruble to shield yourself from the sun, watching Newt with a regretful guilt. As he rubs his forehead with frustration, looking out at the never ending scorch, you can't help but feel guilty for fighting earlier. The image of Newt yelling with clenched fists, the veins in his neck protruding as he became so angered with the world was stuck in your mind. You both reached the point where your hope was broken.  "Newt?" You watch as he turns around slowly, pushing himself off the wall to look at you.  "I'm really not in the mood to start yelling again. I have no fight left in me," he mutters.  "I don't want to fight," you walk over to him, looking up at him with sorry eyes, "You are all I have Newt and I am all you have left too. Even if this is the end, we have each other and we can't give that up. I don't care if we walk for another month to find a safe haven or if we stay in this cave for the rest of our lives, as long as I'm with you."  "What is going to happen to us-" Newt covers his face with his hands. "I need to keep you safe."  "It doesn't matter what happens," you reach up and pull his hands away from his face, holding them as you speak, "we will get through it together."  Newt stares out at the scorch, pulling you against his chest and holding you tight, resting his chin on your head. "I will never stop fighting for you, even if it kills me."  "If I become a crank what will you do?"  "I will become a crank to, and still love you." Newt kisses the top of your head. "Wherever you go, I go. Even if our minds begin to deteriorate, my heart will always know to keep loving you."