40. Newt Imagine

Request: Newt has a crush on you and you feel the same but neither of you know, during one of the glader bonfires newt starts drinking gally's drink & tells you what he feels about you

"You know I used to be a runner?"

Newt lets a giggle slip from his lips, covering it up with another swig from his bottle.

Gally's drink is extra strong tonight and it seems to be getting to his head.

"But that was too bloody intense for me. I lost hope, I was so ready to leave this place and I don't mean escape through the maze, I mean ready to leave this whole shucking world."

You lean back against the log, watching as the fire flickers across Newt's face, the flames dancing across his skin as his eyes shine brightly.

"You are never this open when you are sober," you laugh, giving him a teasing push.

"Thats simply because our deepest secrets are too hard to cope with on a normal day."

Newt brushes his hair back, bringing his bottle up the his lips with a grin,
"you sure you don't want some?"

"I'm sure," you laugh, rolling your eyes at him.

"So what about you? Have you ever felt like giving up? You are way to happy all the time, your smile has to be covering up something," Newt raises his eyebrows.

You frown, suddenly not enjoying his honesty.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Come on, I've been honest with you," Newt watches you carefully.

"I'll tell you about the time I jumped off the bloody wall if you want-"

"I'm scared of never being loved," you cut him off, rushing your words out quickly and then falling silent.

"You? Not being loved? Are you kidding me every shank in the glade wants you."

"There is a difference between being wanted and being loved. I want to be cared for not desired. I want to be the person someone can talk to and connect with, not fantasize about."

You look at the ground, "I want to be more to someone than a pretty face, but most of all I want someone who I can love and who will love me."

Newt stays quiet for a moment, putting down his drink. He bites his lip, his eyes flickering from you to the sky.

"What are you thinking?"You whisper to him.

Newt's eyes find yours, his lips parting but he is too fearful to say what is on his mind.

"I love when you first wake up and you run your fingers over the dew in the grass, I love the way you always compliment Frypan's cooking even when it is bloody awful, I love the way you always stop what you are doing to watch the sunset, I love the way your eyes match the sky, the way you brush off any compliment as if you don't believe it, the way you stand up for yourself when these shanks try to objectify you, the way you are so strong in a place that is so easy to fall weak. I love the way you see the best in people- the best in me. I love the way you want to be loved because, if you let me, I will love you."

Cr: Tumblr