178. Angel Of The Glade

The girl woke up with a jolt. As she got her senses back, she realized she was lying down on a platform that had finally stopped.

A bright beam of light pierced through her closed eyelids and made her groan when it caused a slight headache on her.

Disoriented and confused, she forced her eyes open.

A group of boys was looking down at her with startled expressions, almost as if they had never seen a girl.

Inhibited by so many eyes fixed on her, she slowly sat up and kept her glare down.

Then, of a sudden, all the boys took a step back and a collective gasp was heard all over the place.

The girl looked up to find wide eyes and agape mouths. She frowned, trying to make sense out of everything.

They still stared at her, amazed and yet frightened by her strange looks.

She was a girl, which in that place was strange enough. She had long silver hair and big eyes of a dark purplish color. But her eyes or hair weren’t the weirdest thing.

From her back two white little things standed out, filled with feathers. Wings.

Intimidated and scared because of the rare sight, they all kept the distances. Except for one.

A tall boy with blond messy hair that leaned forward and offered her a hand for her to take.

*

During the first few days, no one talked to the girl –whose name apparently was Y/N –and the leader, Alby, didn’t want to give her the Tour.

Still, that blond boy wasn’t afraid of her.

Sure, there was something special about her. But that didn’t necessarily make her bad. In fact, he thought she was quite beautiful.

Hence, he offered to give her the Tour himself. She didn’t open her mouth ever since he had pulled her out of the Box.

He had introduced himself as Newt, the second in command. She had replied with her name, and that had been all.

Still, Newt made an effort to get a reaction from her, maybe a smile. Because he wanted to get to know her better and to make her feel a part of that place they called the Glade.

But Y/N just glanced at the floor as they walked around the courtyard, only looking up to see what Newt pointed to. And she remained quiet.

Newt didn’t give up until he managed to make her look up at him and made her smile.

Her beauty was so pure and kind that he felt hypnotized by those purple eyes when she looked at him. And definitely by that sweet smile as well.

*

After the first two weeks in the Glade, Y/N had finally changed from a quiet, shy and lonely Greenie to an extroverted and genuine Glader that always managed to infect everyone with her wide and tender smile.

Now that they had accepted her as a part of their big family, many theories about her physical features spread throughout the Glade.