69. No Distractions

The heat in the glade the past few weeks has been unbearable. Everyone was down in with heatstroke, and those who weren't were continuing their regular jobs, just for shorter amounts of time throughout the day. For me that meant working in the gardens. God when I was a greenie I remember just walking to the plants and laying in the grass, it triggered some sort of memory from my past, well I mean that's what I believe. Soon after, I was chosen to work in the gardens, the only issue and or perk was that I got to work with my long time crush, Newt. There was just something about him, whether it was his accent, arms, or caring personality, I don't know. It just really makes working with him, so much harder because I zone out, and spend most of my time day-dreaming about him, about us. As if we were even a thing, sadly no matter how hard I try, I think he only sees me as a friend, nothing more. I actually asked him once, if he'd ever found a girl he liked in the glade, what he'd do. He simply replied with saying how, his position is to be a leader, and can have no distractions. Yet even though he says that, that doesn't stop me from trying.

"Y/N, I need help harvesting these tomatoes. Would you ming helping me?"

Looking up, I saw the blonde staring down at me. God I could get lost in his eyes.

"Uh, yeah sure!"

"Okay take this basket, and I believe Zart said that everything else we needed was over there."

I followed him over to the gardens, talking or more like complaining about the weather.

"I just don't understand, why does it have to be so miserable?"

"Well, I'm no mother nature, but I believe we are in late summer months, love."

God, it drives me crazy when he calls me that.

Finally we made it to the gardens, and started going to work. Of course being me I got tired and sat on the ground. Reaching over to my cup of water, I gulped it down. I am really starting to feel the sweat dripping off my body. Gah, it's to hot for this! Reaching to the front of my shirt, I began unbuttoning it, hopefully ridding myself of my sweaty blouse. Once off it revealed my plain white tank top, of course slightly off white because of the dirt.

"Uh Y/N, are you actually going to do anything other than sit arou-"

Hearing Newt's voice stop in mid sentence, I looked over to where he was standing. He looked kind of flustered. His eyes focusing on my sweaty shirt, which so happened to be stuck to my body, making my chest more noticeable. Wait, oh my god, he's actually staring at me! Newt, is actually staring at me! A sudden urge of confidence rushed through me. Standing up, I walked over to him, hips swaying ever so slightly. Gently pushing his chin up.

"Careful, you'll catch flies." I said with a smirk.

Locking eyes, I gazed down to his lips, then back up again. Well it's now or never. Leaning in, I placed my lips onto his. He didn't move. He just stood there, shocked with my actions. But after a few seconds he kissed back, placing his hands on my hips, and pulling me closer to him. I gasped at the contact, feeling the growing bugle in his pants. I did this! I thought, smirking into the kiss. Pulling away we rested our foreheads against each other. Gasping for air.

"Well, I guess I can have at least one distraction."

"Oh, and what would that be?" I replied sassily.

"You, Y/N."