49. Comfort - Newt x reader||Fluff

"Thinking about it the glade was the only safe place that we ever had. Don't you think?"

I looked over my shoulder to Newt who was cuddled into my side and looked as thirsty as I felt.

"What makes you think that, love?" he asked rubbing small circles into my bare arms with his fingers.

"You know, In the glade we were safe when we wouldn't go into the Maze. After our rescue we almost got hung up the ceiling by wicked and now? Now we are in a shucking scorch with no plan where we are going. The glade wasn't optimal, I know but what if we just had stayed like... like Gally said" Newt sighed deeply behind me.

"I can tell you what would have happened, we would either be dead, killed by the grievers or we would definitely be in one of Wickeds labors. Leaving the glade was our only chance. I know that you are scared, we all are." he stopped for a moment.

"And although we are scared we go on, so don't even think about giving up, I won't let you anyway." I turned in his arms to give him a quick kiss on his forehead.

"Thank you for that" I choked out, trying not to cry but when I saw that Newt had tears in his eyes too I couldn't hold it in anymore. He quickly pulled me into a bear-like hug and scooped my head, which had always comforted me.

"Are we going to die Newt?" I from Newts perspective heartbreakingly sobbed. He tried to comfort me by making quiet shh sounds.

"I know it's hard but we just have to trust Thomas." I started to cry louder.

"But if you can't do that just try to trust me okay? well that at least calmed me a bit. Ain't nobody gonna trust Thomas.

Cr: Tumblr