73. I Won't Let You Get Away, Never Again||Fluff

“Y/n hurry before the doors close, im not staying out here again!!!” Thomas yelled over his shoulder

“Y/n hurry before the doors close, im not staying out here again!!!” Thomas yelled over his shoulder. He was my partner for today’s run, and frankly, he was regretting it. I was supposed to watch the time and I fucked up big time.

“Okay thomas, im running im running!!” I yell back at him while trying to catch my breath. The familiar walls I see everyday are now surrounding me, and a wave of relief washes over. “We’re almost to the Glade, right Thomas?” I question.

“Yes Y/n, your right!” Reassurance clouds my mind, and all I think about is getting back to my love, Newt.

Once we get to the last turn, I suddenly see the ginormous doors closing on us, and I can hear the boys screaming, “Hurry, run faster thomas!! come on Y/n!!”

At the last minute we both squeezed through the gates, landing on the soil of the Glade. Everyone was so happy to see us, except for Newt, he looked furious . Before I could get to him, he  hustled off toward the showers.

I quickly ran after him, reaching him and laid a hand on his shoulder. “What’s wrong, Newt? Aren’t you happy I made it to the Glade?”

He’s face scrunched up with angry as he twisted around to face me, “Thats the thing y/n! this wouldnt have happened if i said yes to the running!! I shouldn’t have let you go!!” His voice bombed through the Glade, making me step back with surprise and shock.

“But Newt I’m fine, we made it! You don’t think I can handle myself, do you? I am more than capable of running that maze!!!“ I say fierce-fully while shoving my finger toward the maze doors. I look up at Newt’s face with my eyes burning with tears.

“That is not what I meant, and you know that Y/n! I could have lost you out there, you are just so careless with time!! i cant believe you would do that to yourself and thomas, Y/n!!!” I jump a little when Newt once again rose his voice. He turned around briefly and started to walk angrily toward the kitchen this time, with me trailing behind.

“Well you didn’t lose me, okay?!? How dare you tell me that. I am not careless, and I certainly did not mean to do that to thomas or myself!!” I run in front of him and poke my finger at his chest with anger. I look up at his eyes with out most furry while he avoids my stare, “I cannot believe you would say that!!”

He looks down at me and we finally lock eyes, his eyes are filled with rage and shock. “Say what, Y/n? the truth? if you cant handle the truth, then i dont know what to say to you.” He continues to walk forward, pushing you to the side. But then he abruptly stops in his tracks, “That’s just it Y/n, from now on, you are not running that maze!!!” He finally proclaims.

A slight gasp escapes my lips, and angry tears start to flow down my cheeks. “YOU CAN NOT DO THA-”, I was suddenly cut off when a hand came in contact with my right cheek. A chocked sob roared through my throat as I held my cheek with my right hand. I looked up through my tears at a shocked and guilt-filled Newt, with his hand still in the air. He realized what he just done, “Y/n, I am so sorr-!” But I cut him off aswell, “Don’t you dare speak to me, ever.” My voice barely audible as I slowly stalk toward my sleeping bag, with tears filling my vision.

——

For the past week, I haven’t spoken to Newt after the incident. Many things has happened at the Glade, and today we were finally leaving the Glade.

Thomas, Newt, Frypan and the others were running in front of me while I stayed at the back of the group. Even when we were at the griever hole, fighting the grieves off, I was still fighting behind the group, watching their backs as they try to get the griever hole to open.

Once they get it open, I was one of the last people to enter. One Griever was holding up a good fight when a wooden beam was thrown, stabbing through the grievers head. “Hurry Y/n! get in!” I hear Minho scream at me.

“I'm coming!” I look around once more, running to the griever hole, but once I got in hands reach, a Griever lands on top of me. I scream for my life and feel a sharp slash across the front of my body. I look down and see blood flowing through the deep gash. I began to lose consciousness on the spot, and fought to stay awake. And what I saw above me was Thomas and Minho killing the griever and Newt carry me inside and held me close.

I look up at him with hooded eyes, “Newt”, I croaked out. I blink up at him and see him with tears rolling down his face, looking down at me. I feel his hand caress my cheek, and on instinct I lean in.

“Yes, my love? You’ll be alright, I promise baby! I won’t let you go, not now. You’ll be okay Y/n.” He says through his sniffs and tears.
Tears started falling down my face as well, I chuckle at him, “I know baby, because I’m with you.” I smile at him weakly and brought my hand up to his face, grazing my thumb against his cheek, wiping away his tears. He shakes his head at me with a grin and brings his hand up to his face and puts his on top of mine. He then grabs my hand and gives a tender kiss on my knuckles, looking into my eyes.

My eyes start to droop, and all I see is blurry visions of Newt carrying me through a hall, into a room, and men in black uniforms guiding us to a bus.

I hear Newts precious voice, “Please help her, she’s injured, please!!” A man says to hand me over and they’ll get started on treating me. I felt Newt put me down but held my hand instead. “I love you Y/n. I hope you know that.” He says sniffling while smiling slightly letting out a chuckle.

“I know Newt, I’ve always known,” my words come out so light. I fester up a cheeky grin, earning a giggle from him, “I love you too.”
"She lots a lot of blood but she'll be okay, eventually. We stitched her up and cleaned her wound, so all she needs is rest." The uniformed man says. Newt smiles kindly, and nods to him. The 'medic' gets up and goes to his seat on the bus. The rain was pouring and Newt stayed beside me the whole time, with a light smile on his handsome face.

The last thing I heard before I lost consciousness was, “Even in this situation you still make me laugh…” I hear him sigh before continuing, “I’m so sorry about everything Y/n, I Won’t Let You Get Away, Never Again.”