190. With You pt. 3

( Reader ) P.O.V.

**One Week Later**

“Are you guys coming over later?” I ask, laying on Brenda’s bed. The bed dips as another body joins.

“Probably. I’d be surprised if we didn’t.” Brenda says, siting against the headboard. She’s eating skittles, passing the packet to me.

“Yeah - Minho mentioned going over there later, as well.” Teresa says, laying the opposite direction on the bed. 

Brenda invited me and Teresa over this morning, so I’ve spent the whole day with them. We continue to pass around the skittles until they’re gone, still talking in-between. 

Both Thomas and Newt had to work today, so I was more than happy to have company while they are gone. “You seem to be smiling more than usual, Y/n. I noticed it a few days ago but figured you had a good day.” Brenda points out.

My smile disappears. I’ve been trying to act like my normal self but it’s been so hard since Newt and I have started seeing each other. “Oh…yeah. I’ve just been in a good mood, I guess." 

Teresa accepts this but Brenda continues to watch me skeptically. Looking back at her, I give her a big grin and over-exaggerate it just to irritate her. She sighs, trying to glare at me but she ends up smiling in the end.

Mid-afternoon arrives and I head home to meet the boys before any company arrive. Because there’s bound to be friends coming over, like always. 

When I arrive to the apartment, I let myself in and see that the place has nobody in it. The boys are going to be home soon, though. After putting my stuff away, I go to the kitchen sink and begin cleaning left over dishes from this morning.

It doesn’t take long to finish up the few things that needed to be fixed around the apartment and I head upstairs to spend the remaining time in my room. I’ve been spending more time here, recently. 

My mind continues to think about all the things that could go wrong when I tell my brother that Newt and I are together. Thomas will surely be fine with it, right? I mean, it’s his best friend and his sister. He trusts Newt with me more than anyone.

Unavoidable. That’s the situation. Thomas has to know eventually but, for the first time in my life, I’m scared of what he will do. But things will work out, it has to. It has to…

Out of the corner of my eye, I see my door crack open and Newt’s head peaks out from behind it. "Hi, Newt.” I greet, sitting up from the bed. He fully opens the door, stepping in and comes over to sit on the floor in front of me.

“Hello, love.” He returns, looking up at me. No matter how many times he calls me that, I find myself with butterflies over and over again. Newt begins asking about my day, listening to me and smiling occasionally. 

Returning the question, he begins telling me about his day. I enjoy listening to him describe the photo’s to me because I get a small look into how he views the world. He sees so much potential in all things and you can just tell by the way he speaks.

We both hear the front door open and Newt gets up, pecking my lips, before slipping into his room. Thomas comes to my room soon after and I give him a hug. I ask about his day and he does the same, chatting a bit.